“Good for business travel”

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Good for business travel”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Check in was efficient. Room was clean and quite. Bed was very comfortable. Hotel shuttle will take you 5 miles in any direction which was really useful. Great breakfast in the morning.
Good value for the money. Stayed one night.
Sitting area in the lobby is a great place to have meetings.
Need to change the coffee area as it is tucked in the back.
Gym is not very big so if you do not go at odd times you will have to wait.
Rate - B

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Traveller832,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn RDU! Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the amenities we provide. We hope to see you again in the near future. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is our go to at RDU. The price and location is great. Parking option beats the local lots with shuttles .
Always friendly and a nice restaurant and bar.
Sean G. The bartender sommelier is a treat and helpful and knowledgeable about his wine selection which is a winner.
Elizabeth at the front desk never " snickered" as we bought our bedtime M & M's for our bedtime snack.

Green Features: Right on target and seems to meet it corporate goals
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear sailbetz,

Your review of our hotel is much appreciated! It is wonderful to have employees that understand customer service and hospitality like Sean and Elizabeth. I urge you to return next time you are in town and meet more of our amazing staff! Thank you again sailbetz!
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

A nice clean hotel close to the RDU airport. Has everything a business traveler needs. The room is spacious with a good bed, free Wifi and good towels. The small lobby and bar are nice and the outdoor fireplace is a sweet twist. Overall a comfortable hotel to stay in. I'll definitely go back there on my next trip to the area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cybersabra,

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel on your stay! We strive to have all of the amenities that our guests may need while they are travelling, as we know travelling and being away from home is not always our first choice. We're happy that you have been able to take pleasure in our outdoor fire pit. It is a great way to enjoy the beautiful North Carolina weather while you are here. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Positive:
This hotel is clean and have a nice bed.
Afternoon front desk people were very friendly and helpful!
Food was okay.

Negative:
Very Rude Early Morning Shift Front Desk and Very Rude Shuttle Driver!!!!!!!!!!!

My kids and I arrived on Thursday afternoon and was greeted and helped by 2 very pleasant and nice front desk people (a man and a woman).
I asked for shuttle service for 4:45am.
Unfortunately, with 2 kids that was very sleepy and the other one wasn't feeling good, we didn't make the 4:45 bus service. So, I asked the front desk what time was the next one, which she said 5:00am. I rushed to go upstairs to get our 4 luggages, stroller and 2 kids. As we were rushing in the elevator, I was talking to my son about hurrying up, when the elevator opened up, the front desk lady (Lori or Laura) came to us with a loud voice and holding her two hands up saying "HOLD ON, HOLD ON, HOLD ON!!!! THE BUS LEFT ALREADY!" I was just shocked by her actions so I just looked at her with a puzzled face on why she was screaming?! So then, I told her Okay,,, I will just get a cab then coz I don't want us to missed our flight. She replied to me "The cabs are slow, it will take them 15-20 minutes to get here. The bus will be here in 10 minutes!
So, I waited with my kids in the lobby in front of the door. The bus driver came after 8-10 minutes I think. As I was grabbing our luggages and bags, and the kids, we walked towards the door then the bus driver came in and said " 2 MINUTES!!!" in an angry voice! So, I said Huh??? Then he said, " YOU HAVE TO WAIT 2 MINUTES MORE! I HAVE A SCHEDULE YOU KNOW?!! So, I said "Okay?!" Then he walked to the front desk lady and they were talking and looking at me with an angry faces, especially, the driver! I was worried already about the time and my kids were scared because of all their voices and faces, I was getting mad and felt so helpless!!!
So I went to the front desk and asked their names. The front desk lady apologized "I'm sorry for the inconvenience.".. with a soft voice! But the driver was looking at me so mad! I asked for his name and he said "WILLIAM SMITH! DID YOU GET THAT??" while he was walking at the back of the front desk lady. Then he said, "YOU KNOW WHAT, LET'S GO! LET'S GO!!!!! while he was walking towards the door! I just really wanted to go to the airport so I followed him. He never helped me with the bags till we were outside when he was putting it on the back of the bus. He was mumbling words so I said "I don't know what's your problem and keep yelling at me." I looked at my kids faces and they were scared and I couldn't hold my tears anymore so I cried! He then asked me why was I crying? I repeated my words, because you were yelling at me as soon as you came in! I just don't want to missed our flights because we haven't seen our family for a while! Then he replied with me "there's too many things to worry about in life and you're making this a big deal! I will get you to the airport, it's not that far from the hotel!" I calmed down because he was driving and still angry, I just told him again, that I just want to get to the airport. He then, apologized and I apologized as well because I felt scared for me and my kids while he was driving. He took us to the airport, unloaded our bags and I still tipped him.
This was the most horrible I've ever experienced in a hotel!!! I would never, ever come back to this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank burcha28
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear burcha28,

To be honest, I am at a loss for words over your review. The behavior and lack of customer service shown to you by our van driver and guest service representative is embarrassing and unacceptable. I would like to assure you that this is not typical behavior of our staff and does not represent the type of hospitality that we strive to provide to every one of our guests. Your concerns were forwarded to the appropriate managers, and actions have been put into place to ensure that a situation like this does not happen again. I truly and sincerely apologize for any added stress to your trip, and hope that you one day provide us the opportunity to prove our commitment to customer service and more importantly, to our guests. Thank you for making us aware of this.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I like this hotel a lot. Very clean, good location and reasonable rates. Restaurant leaves a little bit to be desired but there are several restaurants in the area. The staff is knowledgeable and understands customer service.
Highly recommend this property!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Gary246810,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel and the service we provide! We strive to provide our guests with a relaxing, worry-free, place to stay while they are away from home. I'm sorry that our restaurant is not to your liking, but I urge you to give it another try on your next stay. We just released our seasonal Spring/Summer menu which includes fresh, local, ingredients and everything is made in house. Again, thank you for the review, and we hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel weekly for 18 months.

The staff is exceptional, helpful and always willing to go the extra mile.

The rooms were clean, and well maintained. When there was an issue, which was rare, the staff addressed the issue promptly.

The wait staff and food service was very good. The kitchen staff was very accommodating to requests. The bartender was excellent.

The dinning area could be a bit drafty during the winter, but that was a minor concern.

The shuttle service was consistent and the driver helpful.

This is a great hotel, not because of the facility, but because of the excellent people that serve you during your stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hi Jason!

Your kind words warmed all of our hearts! Thank you so much. I has been a pleasure to have you as not only a guest, but as a part of our family for the past 18 months. We're happy to know that we were able to create a comfortable and accomodating home away from home. We've missed you recently, and truly hope that you stay with us again soon. Please remember that you always have a bed waiting for you here!
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Yes, for its category, which is the way I think reviews are supposed to work.

Excellent location, less than two miles from RDU. The shuttle came within ten minutes of my call. Rooms are ample sized, everything works fine. Those wanting quiet should request a room facing the entrance, as those in the back are next to the freeway, and if you're sensitive, you'll hear the truck and rush hour traffic. I like hotels like the Garden Inn since their unpretentious, and the wifi is free (why is it that the Hyatt and W have to charge $12-15 a night for this...)

What really pleased me, and surprised me, was that the Garden Inn has a decent restaurant and good wine and beer selection, including good local beers. Further, service is outstanding and very personal. The bartender clearly knew his wines and beers, and was willing to talk about them and suggest beverages to try. Food was also very good.

I'll definitely stay here again on a future trip to RDU.

Room Tip: Choose room facing hotel entrance if you're noise sensitive. Those in the back are next to the f...