“Like Home”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“Like Home”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stay at the Morrisville, Hilton Airport every week on business.
The accomodations are amazing and the staff is prfessional and friendly. They always treat me with respect and call me by name. The staff is like my second family now and are always looking for ways to make my stay more comfortable and enjoyable.
The Morrisville Hilton has become my "home away from home"
I would not consider staying anywhere else...........why mess with perfection!

R Hogsett

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms all over this hotel. I have not stayed in a bad room yet!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
rick H,

Thank you for such kind words about the hotel! We are happy to hear that you feel at home here, as that is always our top priority. We truly enjoy having you here each week, as you have become part of our family as well! Again, thank you for the wonderful review, and we'll see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Although my experience at the hotel itself was positive, I waited 20 min for the airport shuttle after calling twice. The hotel is about 5 min from the airport. No one seemed to know where the shuttle was. I ended up taking a taxi. When I complained at the front desk, there were no explanations or apologies. For an airport hotel, an unreliable shuttle service is a significant negative - they have lost me as a potential future customer.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Ron04
Dear Ron04,

We are extremely sorry about the service failure by our shuttle. We always strive to provide the best possible service to our guests, and we obviously fell short this time. Please know that I have forwarded this information on to our Front Office Supervisor and he will be looking into it as a matter of priority. We hope that you provide us another opportunity to show you the excellent service that is typical of our hotel. Thank you.
orlando, fl
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is what you might expect from a nice (though not new) Hilton Garden Inn property. Prompt pick-up from RDU, very friendly check-in staff, and a good quality, clean room. I believe it's the closest hotel to the airport. Zero complaints. I'll use them again on my next trip in a few weeks. Kudos for a consistently good product.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mick1036
Dear mick1036,

Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear that your experience with us was positive and that we were able to give you a relaxing stay while you were in the area. It is an honor to know that you will choose us the next time you come to the Raleigh-Durham area. See you then!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff is great. Easy access to the airport. Everything about this hotel is excellent except for the beds. They use adjustable beds. I think it's a great idea - but my bed and the bed of another guest I was traveling with both leaked. The first night we didn't even know they were adjustable - the second night I discovered that it didn't hold the firmness. Not sure how you would figure this out or what to do about it. It held the firmness for about two hours. At that point it's just to late and your to tired to move. So if you like super soft beds - this is the place to be.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DJS767
Dear DJS767,
We appreciate the time you took to review our hotel! It is one of the five pillars of Hilton Garden Inn to "sleep deep", so it is upsetting to hear that we fell short of that goal during you and your colleague's stay. When working properly, our Garden Sleep System beds are an added amenity that most guests enjoy. I'm sorry that yours doesn't seem to have worked for you. Due to your review, we will be having our Engineering staff check each bed to make sure it is in proper working order. I truly hope that you will give us a second opportunity to extend to you Hilton Garden Inn's philosophy that every guest "sleep deep". Thank you!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been staying monthly at this hotel for over 5 years. I have seen staff changes, renovations, etc. during that time. The staff have always been helpful and fixing anything I need during my stays. The room service, breakfasts, and meals at the restaurant have been outstanding. Anytime I have mentioned anything that needs fixing at the hotel, staff have responded. I know on weekends there is not as much maintenance staff and sometimes seen crumbs in the halls, etc., that were not cleaned up until Mondays, but the rooms have always been clean. No problems ever with clean towels, bed linens, etc. The only complaint I have occasionally I am in a room where the number bed is older and you have to choose a side to sleep on without a dip or dent in the mattress. Overall, the hotel is great. I have left my vehicle there when flying out of state and the shuttle drivers have always been right on time.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors are good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Karen M,

Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel, and for your loyalty! Its nice to know that we've been able to impress you for so long. Thank you for letting us know about things that you've seen on the weekends and how you feel about the beds. Its nice working in a hotel, but we don't get to lay in the beds very often! I've passed your comments along to the appropriate managers, and we will definitely work to avoid such issues in the future.

Thanks again for the loyalty Karen, we truly appreciate it!
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times and recommend it highly. The staff is very helpful and courteous. Morning breakfast is great. I like the shuttle. I always use it when I arrive and depart and never had to wait longer than 15 minutes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Ed L,

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel! We love to know that our guests feel welcome and at home, as that is our top priority. We look forward to having you stay again soon!
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The hotel was fairly recently renovated, its comfortable, clean and well located. You will need a vehicle but thats really true anywhere in the area. The restaurant is superior to most hotel restaurants, don't be afraid to dine there! The bar is absolutely wonderful, well lit, friendly staff (Sean the bar manager is a sweetheart) and exceptionally comfortable. Rooms are sizable and comfortable, amenities all work!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tracy R,

Thank you so much for such a pleasant review of our hotel! We're glad that you enjoy our bar and our restaurant. We take great pride in the fact that we have a seasonal menu, made from fresh, local, ingredients. Thank you again, and we truly hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!