“nice rest”

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night, our flighty came in early, so we decide to see if we could check in early, or leave our luggage there, they check us in early, it was very nice of them. THe front desk people very nice, the rooms were very clean, a great breakfast. In the evening I went out to the fire pit they had and kick back and had quiet time and really enjoyed it. They came out there and ask if I need anything I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear gogene,

I'm so glad to hear your stay with us was so pleasant. We do provide early check in whenever it's available. I'm so happy the front desk staff was able to accomodate your needs. I'm also glad to see you took advantage of our on site restaurant, as well as the fire pit outside. Our servers do a great job of taking care of guests in the restaurant, as well as those who choose to dine outside. We would love to have you back as our guest again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here for one night prior to catching an early flight. The room was comfortable and quiet with all expected amenities.

Two nice surprises:

1) I checked in prior to returning my rental car, and the reception staff offered to have the van driver make a special trip to Enterprise rental to pick me up.

2) The restaurant serves surprisingly good food at very affordable prices. This is a huge plus for those who don't have a car as there is nothing else (food-wise) within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Tony Y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport. I often times tell guests that our restaurant is far better than "typical hotel food" and it is alway nice to hear when guests agree with me.

Our shuttle service will take guests anywhere within a 5 mile radius, including the rental car agencies. This is a nice, free perk for our guests.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Raleigh-Durham!

Warmest regards,
Robin Warzywak
Director of Sales

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel while on business in the area. The service in the restaraunt was excellent. Everyone was very nice. Breakfast was excellent with a mixture of buffet and cooked to order eggs and waffles. Probably that I have had in this particular chain. The front desk staff was nice. Hotel was relatively new so all of the accomodations were nice and well taken care off. The signiage was not very visible so you must really need to look for closely. As a matter fact all of the signiage in this area had visibility issues. They have restrictions in this area on how high and big signs can be. I had two complaints though. The main complaint is that the A/C went out my last day in the middle of the night. very uncomfortable. The other complaint is that my TV could not pick up Channel 2 NBC. Which meant that I could not watch the olympics at night during my down time. They had storms in the area and it took that channel out. (this is why I hate Satellight TV) The maintenance guy tried to get it going but it would not remain visible long enough. Overall though I would still stay at this hotel again and hope for better A/C and TV.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Hi DEdwards24,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am though, sorry to hear about the issues you had with your AC unit and NBC. North Carolina has such wonderful weather that it is quite unfortunate that a storm knocked NBC out during such an important time as the Olympics. I hope that on your next visit to NC you'll be able to experience the great weather that we are all so accustomed to! Thank you again for your excellent review, and we truly do hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very clean, very polite. Not great food, not great service. Difficult to go to a store for a quick stop.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Kris O,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! Its regrettable to hear that you did not enjoy the Great American Grill. Our Food and Beverage department aims to provide high quality food and service to each guest, and it is disheartening to hear that you did not experience this. We are though happy to read that you were pleased by the cleanliness and polite service throughout other areas of the hotel. We hope that you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The two great things that speak of quality as one enters this Hotel are: great beds (very true); and 100% guaranteed satisfaction or money back (all lies). About the later, quite shockingly, the immediate next experiences disappoint pretty bad, one after the other. Nothing that matters seemed right in this Hotel (so much so that we left it as soon as we could for another one). So, we wrote to the Hotel when they asked for a feedback and waited to hear from them (since they boast so much of their high standards and guaranteed satisfaction). I am not sure why would they not respond, let alone refund. Its been about a month since we wrote. So, now I feel I should share it here as is....an unresolved matter with the hotel management.

One point we forgot to mention in our feedback letter was related to the room key cards. They were sooooo annoying...we had to have them changed pretty much every day...and several times a day. How bad can those cards be? One wants to enter the room and relax after a hard day but in this Hotel, seems like one cannot do that without making at least 2 trips to the reception to get the cards re-charged or remade. That was one awful awful part of our experience....besides the horrible bathroom of course.

Anyway...here is what we wrote....

Dear Adrian Kurre,

Thank you for asking for feedback of my stay at Hilton. I really appreciate it. I do have something important to share, mostly (unfortunately) negative.My stay at Hilton has been surprisingly quite unsatisfactory, so much so that I had to switch to another Hotel in the middle of my stay. I had seen great reviews and I chose Hilton for the firm beds, which by the way, were great. My wife and myself observed the following in the Hotel:

1. Room: The room was not vacuum cleaned before we arrived as we felt all kinds of things sticking to our feet from the carpet. We had to ask the housekeeping to clean the next day.

2. Swimming pool and Whirlpool: they did not appear to be clean at all. My wife wanted to swim but just could not get over the looks of the pool. So she never swam. And we never really saw a single person swimming during our stay. The water was not clear at all. The whirlpool had some feather like things floating inside of them. I am not sure if that is normal, but we have seen much cleaner pools and Jacuzzis.

3. Fitness room: The TV on one of the machines was not working. The design of the room was annoying as the big TV was behind the machines instead of in front. It makes more sense to have the TV in front rather than at the back. There were just very few machines for such a big hotel. We seriously felt that there should have been more cardio machines. We did have to wait out for our turn.

4. Bathroom: The major problem was with the bathroom, which had two design flaws. One was that the towel rack, which is usually on the side of the shower area, was at the opposite corner. The room was without a bathtub so the bathroom literally flooded with water after each and every shower. Taking a shower was just impossible in that bathroom without creating a mess outside the shower area. Overall, the bathroom was poorly designed in pretty much every way (the granite slab was too small too).

We were given this room because it was bigger and our stay was longer (2 weeks). That was thoughtful indeed. But...

5. Beds: the only good part of this hotel was the beds. They were perfect.

6. Restaurant: This was good too. Had nice and friendly staff. Got us what we wanted, with a personal touch too.

7. Lost an item: So, after shifting out, we realised that we had left something behind. We called the housekeeping and they told us that our item was found and that we could collect from the front desk any day. When we arrived at the front desk, no one seemed to know anything about it. The housekeeping was gone for the day, so we waited about 10-15 minutes for the front desk to find it. No luck. Mr. Mark Rowl (a friendly and hard working old man) gave his assurance that the next day he will call or mail ...none of which happened. I do not blame Mr Mark as he keeps busy running around. But we did expect a call back or email from the front desk or housekeeping. Anyway, we called again to make sure that the item was actually there but we could not return to the Hotel as we had to leave NC the same day. Now, the problem here is that it would have been really professional if we were given a call by the Hotel. It was a small item and a Hotel like Hilton could have easily shipped it too. But there was no such gesture and we felt really bad about it. The item was useful but small and inexpensive. The gesture would have made all the difference.

So, all in all, our entire experience was quite bad with this Hotel. Our friends could not believe as everyone has had nicer experiences. May be we were just unlucky. But luck should not matter when we make a choice like Hilton, should it? We did see the 100% satisfaction guaranteed or money back all over the Hotel but we were not sure of its conditions. If the above points qualify, we were only 20% satisfied.

Room Tip: Big rooms may have bathrooms without bath tubs....and loads of water drainage problems. Big mess usu...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank monalisa22

Dear monalisa22,

We are incredibly sorry to hear of the events that happenned during your stay. We strive to provide the best possible service to our guests. It is definitely regrettable to read that we were not able to implement the high standards we normally keep throughout your stay. We do thank you though for writing this review. Unfortunately, your letter to Hilton had not made its way down the ladder to us yet, and without your review we would still be unaware of the service failures that happenned during your stay. I can assure you that this is not the typical service that we provide, and we deeply regret that you had to experience any of this. We hope to one day be granted the opportunity to provide you the true Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport experience. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great hotel for travelers and layovers. The hotel has a smaller bar and restaurant, but the shuttle will bring you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. The rooms are newly renovated and the beds are very comfortable.

The hotel offers a small pool and a fitness center.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Chris F,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel! We are so happy to hear that you appreciate our renovated rooms. We did work very hard on a 3.6 million dollar renovation of the entire property which finished in November 2010. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here in July 2012. The Hotel is situated in a wooded area which is very pleasant. The Hotel did not seem full. This is a new Hotel. We were given a room where the view from the window was of a wall. We went back to Reception and asked for a better view, this they did. Why we were given such a room when The Hotel was not full, beats me. The Hotel is quiet and very clean. The situation The Hotel is in is perfect. I would stay here again. We did not eat here as we are not big breakfast eaters.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with A View!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear thebeatgoeson,

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn RDU! It is always nice to hear that the hard work we put in to making each guest feel at home and at ease has paid off! I am sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to try our Great American Grill. It is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so although you are not a breakfast eater, hopefully next time you stay, you will try our lunch or dinner items!

Thank you again for your kind review. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Brier Creek

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!