“Great Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel for travelers and layovers. The hotel has a smaller bar and restaurant, but the shuttle will bring you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. The rooms are newly renovated and the beds are very comfortable.

The hotel offers a small pool and a fitness center.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Chris F,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel! We are so happy to hear that you appreciate our renovated rooms. We did work very hard on a 3.6 million dollar renovation of the entire property which finished in November 2010. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
thebeatgoeson
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here in July 2012. The Hotel is situated in a wooded area which is very pleasant. The Hotel did not seem full. This is a new Hotel. We were given a room where the view from the window was of a wall. We went back to Reception and asked for a better view, this they did. Why we were given such a room when The Hotel was not full, beats me. The Hotel is quiet and very clean. The situation The Hotel is in is perfect. I would stay here again. We did not eat here as we are not big breakfast eaters.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with A View!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear thebeatgoeson,

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn RDU! It is always nice to hear that the hard work we put in to making each guest feel at home and at ease has paid off! I am sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to try our Great American Grill. It is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so although you are not a breakfast eater, hopefully next time you stay, you will try our lunch or dinner items!

Thank you again for your kind review. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn was an oasis of relaxation compared to my previous week's stay at the Hampton on Airport Drive. After that hell week I almost fired my assistant for booking me there but she redeemed herself when she booked me into the Hilton Garden Inn the following week. I have stayed at this Hilton property before but not since the remodel. The colors reminded me of places in South Beach. Cutting edge, stylish but comfortable. The staff were great - always very personable and my room was wonderful. AC that worked and comfortable furniture! I was a happy camper. Breakfast each day was great. The breakfast crew really hustles. I wish I could say the same of the dinner crew. My one night of unplanned dinners I was dying to try the pork tenderloin. The menu sounded great but after waiting for 20 minutes for a waiter or anyone to offer me a menu or someone to notice I was there, I left. There were maybe 3 people at the bar and people at 4 tables but zero wait staff that I ever saw. Other than that this is a wonderful Hilton property and well worth every dollar.

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear roanokecpaguy,

We are so happy to hear that our hotel was able to provide you with the comfort and relaxation that you were looking for in the Raleigh/Durham area! We understand that it is not always easy to be away from home, and pride ourselves in being able to provide a semblance of the relaxation you feel while you are at home. We are though, sorry to hear that your attempt at dinner in our Great American Grill did not go as planned. We would love to be given another chance to provide you with the same great service that you experienced in the other areas of our hotel. Your comments have been reviewed by our Food and Beverage Director, Bryan Hudson, and we would like you to contact him prior or upon your next stay with us (bryan.hudson@interstatehotels.com/ 919-840-8088) for an opportunity to provide you with a certificate for a complimentary dinner and breakfast. We trust that your next dining experience with us will exceed your expectations, and allow you to see the service oriented culture that all areas of our hotel work hard to provide.

Thank you again for the great compliments you have provided our hotel. We hope to become your constant oasis for relaxation in the Raleigh/Durham area!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn at Raleigh-Durham Airport is a clean, modern property. The rooms appear to have been recently renovated. Our room was sufficiently spacious and the bathroom was very neat and clean. It also had a mini fridge. For $71 plus tax this was a very good deal, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Hi colugo!

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We did, in fact, finish renovations on the entire hotel in October 2010. It is nice to hear that you liked the room, and were impressed by the amount of space offered and the cleanliness. We do our best to offer a "home away from home" to our guests at an affordable price. We are happy that you will be staying with us again in the future, and look forward to seeing you!
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here previously. Since then the lobby and many of the rooms have been renovated. Strangely enough we got the same room as on our previous stay. Hotel is super clean and fresh. Restaurant and bar area has all been redone. Breakfast Buffett was well above average and a very good deal for what is served. All the food was fresh and hot, omelette cooked to order and an abundance of fruit. My one complaint was that the ice machine on our floor was out of order the entire weekend we were there and I had to go to the third floor to get ice, no big deal, just saying. Overall a very nice stay, curtious staff, fast check in and a thank you when we left. I will most definetly stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Kd4dna!

We truly appreciate your review of our hotel! We completed our renovations in October 2010, and are quite pleased with the outcome. Each area of the hotel was renovated, including all sleeping rooms, and as you noticed, our restaurant and bar as well. Thank you for being such a loyal guest, and we hope that you return soon!
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I spent three nights here with my husband who was on a business trip. The location was quiet and pleasant surrounded by trees. The staff were friendly and welcoming. There was a good restaurant on site at competitive prices. A free shuttle service was provided to destinations within three miles of the hotel including the airport. The beds were comfortable with a unique device that allowed you to choose the softeness of the mattress on each side (I had not experienced this before). The lobby and bar area were comfortable and there was a pleasant outside area with a fire pit. As I had to wait around for my husband to finish work after checking out I sat in a quiet booth with TV and wifi facilities. The hotel has a well equipped gym and small leisure pool

Room Tip: We had a standard room. This was equipped with fridge and tea/coffee facilities. There was also a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear patricia186390,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We're glad that you enjoyed the multiple amenities we offer while your husband was at work. We are happy to know that while you were so far from home we were able to provide you with a comfortable alternative. Please visit us again next time you are in the area!
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night recently because we were flying out the next day at RDU. The room was very nice and updated. The bed was comfortable and we had a mini fridge and microwave in the room. We enjoyed using the indoor pool. For us it was cheaper to park in the airport economy lot which was just around the corner from the hotel, but for longer trips it would be worth it to book and park and fly room. No free breakfast but we drove about 5 minutes to eat at waffle house. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank kimka68
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Hi kimka68! Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are so happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Since you enjoyed the amenities that you used, I hope that next time you stay with us you will try our breakfast as well. Although I know that Waffle House is close and a great place to eat, I promise that you will not be disappointed with our hot breakfast buffet and cooked to order items! Thank you again for the compliments, and we look forward to providing you with great service again next time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!