“First time, certainly not the last!”

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“First time, certainly not the last!”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I recently stayed with my family there. Half business trip, half family getaway.
I really liked my stay. This was a new brand for me and I now have very expectation for the next Hilton Garden Inn. Everything looks fresh and clean. It is quiet (for reference, we were on the 4th floor, near the elevator). The meals are good (breakfast is an brunch for $9.95, but they have promotion that include the breakfast). The staff was very polite and fantastic. My daughter started doing fever while we were visiting the Museum of Life + Science on the 1st day (great place everyone with a kid 3-12 has to go there), so they were very helpful in making sure we had everything. Next time I need to go to RTP, I will definitely check in there again. Internet speed is free and decent, at 2Mbps. I typically have trouble sleeping in a hotel, and while my bed was more comfortable, I feel like I would have fallen asleep very well the 1st night, if it wasn't for my daughter waking up coughing. The second night my daughter was feeling better and in recovery mode, we all slept 11h straight!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Hi izzaak,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We're excited to have been able to introduce you to the Hilton Garden Inn brand, and to be your standard as you visit other Garden Inns. We're sorry to hear that your daughter was ill while you were here, but we're glad that our Garden Sleep System beds were able to provide you a little comfort in the mean time. Thank you again for the review, we hope that your daughter is feeling better, and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2012

as a retired business professor i think i know at least a little bit about customer service. both the good and the bad, the pretty and the sad. anyway today (Mothers day) this hotel had advertised a Mothers Day Brunch which sounded quite nice. we called the hotel restaurant yesterday to see if we needed reservations. we were told we did not and that the brunch buffet would be served from 11AM until 2:30PM. fair enough. i brought my wife and teenaged son and daughter to the hotel this morning (hour trip for us) arriving promptly at 11AM. the hotel restaurant had placed a sign at their entrance stating the restaurant would close for breakfast at 10AM due to a private party of some-sort. there was nobody at the restaurant to greet us or otherwise acknowledge our presence. we heard workers in the back which we assumed were still setting up the buffet. i walked over to the front desk and asked one of the ladies there if the brunch was still going to proceed. she assured me it was and that they just hadn't opened it up yet. we then sat on a long bench adjacent to the restaurant entry area. and we continued to sit for 50 minutes. we never saw a sole at the greeting area and no one ever said a word to us. we continued to hear workers in the background and just assumed they were running behind in setting up the buffet line. the lady at the front desk would have seen us sitting there for all that time but never said a word to us. as she told us everything was fine why worry right? WRONG! i saw her come over into the restaurant and talk to someone inside. she passed right by us going back to the front desk never saying a word. i then heard employees talking about what sounded like meal planning. some discussion about pate and grilled asparagus. i figured we had waited patiently long enough and walked in to inquire what time the Mothers Day brunch was to start. a man who i assume was the chef said there is no buffet and told us instead they would be serving a 3 course tasting menu of some sort. i immediately realized that was not going to work with our teenagers. i politely asked what about the Mothers Day Brunch that had been listed on the internet including i believe the hotels own website which we had now been waiting for for almost an hour per the direction given to us by the front desk lady. the response i got was simply Yeah about that brunch "we're not going to have it as we got too busy this morning due to 4 busloads of NCAA athletes who stated at the hotel". no apology. nothing but now two hours of our time. we are not confrontational people and complaining is not our style. but you can probably guess that at this point not a single Mothers Day brunch was available in the entire triangle that we could find. result: we ate at a fast food restaurant and went home my wife's what should have been a special day having been totally ruined by the incompetence of the staff at this hotel. what a way to run a railroad. never have i been so humliated and i intend to take this up this week with Hilton's upper management.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank GinnyRose1
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Robin Warzywak, Director of Sales posted on behalf of Bryan Hudson, Food & Beverage Director

Dear GinnyRose1,

I would first like to thank you for considering spending your Mother’s Day with us at the Hilton Garden Inn RDU. Secondly, I would like to offer my sincere apologies to you and your family, for us not following through with making your day special. I would like you to know that the miscommunication you experienced is not part of our high standards at this property.

We were extremely excited about preparing our first Mother’s Day brunch at the Hotel. We had advertised a buffet on our website, and that was indeed the plan. Less than a week from Mother’s Day, four teams reserved rooms at the Hotel. It was my decision that it would be best to offer a five course tasting menu for $21.95, in lieu of the buffet, due to the rise in occupancy. I apologize for the manner in which your party was handled. I ensure you that we would have been honored to have your family dine with us for Mother’s Day.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you and to treat your family to a Mother’s Day Do-Over. This would include a complimentary one-night stay at our hotel on a night of your choosing, dinner for four at our restaurant as well as breakfast the following morning. My hope is that we could show you that we are capable of putting our best foot forward when it comes to our quality of service and food. We want to finally give you the special day that Mom deserves.

Please call me so that I may reserve your complimentary stay, I may be reached at 919-840-8088, or you could email me at Bryan.Hudson@interstatehotels.com, at any time. Thank you again for letting us know what we can improve on at the hotel.

Bryan Hudson

Food & Beverage Director
Hilton Garden Inn RDU
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This place is great and the people are great as well. Nice little grill on site, outside areas are really nice as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear jsw702,

Thank you! We appreciate your great review of our hotel! We are very proud of The Great American Grill that we have on site. All menus and recipes are unique to our hotel and are created by our Food and Beverage Director. As far as the outside areas, although we'd like to take all the credit, I think we should award partial credit to the wonderful North Carolina weather! Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel a couple of nights this week. Sunday night the staff was very congenial and everything was very clean. Our second night this week wasn't as nice. The comforter had a stain or dirty spot on it. We also had to unplug our refrigerator because it was making a humming sound. Maintenance came to the room, left, and came back. He tried to do all that he possibly could. Unfortunately there wasn't a good solution so we just had to do without. It was just a little bit of a sore spot because that was one of the amentities that was expected, then we just had to do with out.

Stayed May 2012
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Hi Bill M!

I'm sorry that your stay at our hotel was not up to your expectations, but I thank you for letting us know in what areas that we can improve. We attempt to provide each guest with a comfortable, relaxing, and worry-free experience, and it concerns me that we were not able to do so for you. Your housekeeping and maintenence concerns have been noted and forwarded to the head of each department for further review. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you give us another shot. We would love to be able to change your opinion and truly show you all that we have to offer!
Porland
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

The good
Really nice staff
Great shuttle to the airport
The bad
Bed ok
Water pressure weak
Internet slow

• Stayed April 2012
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you Oenogeek! We appreciate your review of our hotel! We are happy that we're able to offer a shuttle to the airport and other locations. It truly does help to keep atleast part of the worry out of traveling! I'm sorry that you didn't seem to like the bed. We offer adjustable Garden Sleep System beds in all guest rooms. I hope that on your next visit with us, you adjust the bed to find just the right firmness or softness for your body. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you soon!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I just returned from a wonder trip to Morrisville,NC. While there I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.
The facility is outstanding. It is located in a very quiet wooded area which is relaxing by itself. The hotel looks newly renovated. It very clean and well organized. I love it when the staff speaks to the quests. When I first arrived the hotel looked full with a lot of very young people and I was concerned of the noise level during the night. However, it was very quiet all night.
My room had a refrigerator, microwave and a desk to work on.
I had a special deal being a AA member which included reduced rate plus free breakfast every morning. The breakfast was buffet style and was good.
My wife liked the hoted due to she is a smoker and they provide a "smoking Oasis" a special area just for smokers. She felt special due to smoker's are generally pushed off campus.
Ok, now for the downside. The breakfast staff appeared to overwhelmed by number of people eating and had a difficult time keeping up with the demand for omelets. They did their best.
Otherwise that is it. Great place

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LtColonel
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear LtColonel,
Thank you so much for the kind review! It makes all of our day to know that you were so pleased with your visit. I'm also happy to hear that your wife felt welcome as well due to our "Smoker's Oasis." We pride ourselves in our attempts to accomadate the needs of all of our guests, as we know every person is different! It is nice to hear that our breakfast was so popular on the morning of your stay! We love the fact that we are able to offer a hot buffet, as well as cooked to order items to our guests. The issue you mentioned about our chefs has been addressed, and any future staffing issues are resolved. Thank you for letting us know where we could improve, and thank you again for all of the nice accolades you had to say about our hotel! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stay at Hilton hotels across the country for business on a regular basis. This is one of my favorites. The property is newer and the rooms are very nice. I like that the beds can be adjusted for firmness and always get a great night of sleep. The bathrooms and other furnishings are also pretty nice for this price point. Breakfast is decent and shuttle is good, though I usually have to ask the staff repeatedly as they tend to work the front desk while not driving it. Overall a nice hotel that I will return to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RWarzywak, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear netgrl22,

I'm ecstatic to hear that we are one of your favorite Hilton hotels! Traveling around the country can be difficult, so its wonderful to hear that you've found a place where you can feel comfortable and "at home." I am though, sorry to hear that you've had to wait longer than expected on our shuttle. I've discussed this issue with our Front Office Supervisor, and any staffing issues will be resolved. We look forward to your stay with us next time! Have safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Hampton Inn Raleigh Durham Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh International Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
HYATT house Raleigh Durham Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport? Share your experiences!