“WHen THings go wrong”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Boydton, Virginia
“WHen THings go wrong”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have stayed at Days INN Multiple times when taveling by plane using the park and fly option. Have always been pleased but this time I sayed on the 13th July and the 28th; The room I booked in May because I have PTSD and respiratory problems I was told would be held for me when I got there the room was said to be occupied. and tThey placed me in another room. This room was a handicapped room and one in which the airconditioner was blowing right into your face. When I went up to the desk to ask for another room the room I requested was available for me. On the return I ws greeted by the night desk manager in shorts flip flops and a tee shirt. Once again the room requested in which I was assured would be held for me on my return was given to some one else. This time when I asked to talk with the manager I was told that he was the manager of the hotel. When I said that I had spoken in may to book my room he said he was the one I spoke to. This was not true because at that point I knew it would not make a difference. He said he would show me the empty rooms and I could chose which one I wanted to stay in. This was the worse experience that I have had at a hotel. In the morning when I spoke with the desk clerk she said that he was the desk clerk not the manager. When You have PTSD you need to have familiar surroundings to feel safe. This stay made my PTSD worse because of all of the upset. hwilson

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
daysinnmgt, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
It saddens me to see that you have posted such comments concerning your stay. I am the Guest Relations Manager here at the Days Inn Morrisville and I am also the same person that checked you in. However, your check in process did not go as you stated. As I stated to you during your check in we cannot guarantee a certain room number or pre- block your room at the time of booking your reservations for the simple fact that some other guest may have a need for that room which is what happened in your case. When you arrived at my hotel we were about 80% full because of the baseball tournament. Therefore the room that you stayed in during your last stay with us was now occupied.
Therefore what I did to accommodate you I walked with you and showed you several rooms to see which one would work best for you. After you chose the room that you wanted, I made certain that, that room was to your liking and you had no other issues. Additionally that room was not a handicap room. Before leaving your room, I stood in the doorway and ask you again if you were sure that this room would be fine and you said yes. This was the only interaction that you and I had and that day I was very professionally dressed in a suite, shirt and tie. That weekend my hotel was very busy therefore I came by the hotel several times to ensure that everything was going well. One time I came dressed in shorts, shirt and flip flop however I came in through a side door, went directly to my desk, stayed there for a while and departed the same way I came in only because I was not in business attire, therefore your statement of me greeting you poorly dressed is incorrect.
Nevertheless, I do thank you for staying with our hotel and for taking the time to write. Here at my hotel we strive to give our guest the best customer services that we can offer. We also want to ensure that each guest has a memorable stay so that they can one day return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
NH
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had to find a hotel for my 18 year old son when he missed his flight at Raleigh-Durham airport. I chose the Days Inn because the price was good, it was only 1 mile from the airport and it had interior doors. He said the room was very clean and desk people were nice.
Free breakfast was set up early (4:00am?) so he was able to eat before his 6:00 am flight.
The free shuttle was on time. So an all around excellent experience for us.

Thanks for taking good care of my child.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nhrenee
Dear Guest,
We are happy that you had chosen our hotel for your sons lodging. We are happier that you were satisfied and his stay went well. Please share your experiences with others as we do know that the best form of advertising is by "word of mouth" - do consider us again when your travel plans bring you to the Raleigh-Durham area. Have a super day!
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am normally a Westin, Sheraton or InterContinental type of Hotel person and to be honest I was really angry when I "won" this hotel on travelocity's top secret hotel as a 2.5 or was it a 3 star hotel? I would never consider Days Inn as anything other than a 1 star hotel or maybe a 2 star at best. However, It was only for one night so decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. In fact the bed in my room was extremely comfortable! I would even go so far as to compare it to the Westin's Heavenly Bed. Really, it was that good. Wifi was fast and free, the breakfast was good and started at 4am which was great since I had a 6am flight and left the hotel at 5am. They shuttle driver was on-time and pleasant.

Really, this hotel far exceeded my expectations of a Days Inn and I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank tammynnc
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting such wonderful comments about our hotel. Here at the Days Inn - Morrisville our goal is to provide you with excellent products and services and in this case I think we did! Please share your experience with others and we anxiously await your return.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I spent nearly a month living there and from the day I walked in, the staff has been professional and friendly. The morning breakfast has a great variety and enough space that there is nearly always seating room and was always clean no matter when I stopped by in the morning. In house laundry for guests on the 3rd floor, at the time of my stay, was $2.50 (wash/dry) per load.
The location is ideal and the shuttle service seems to be top notch - I watched their interaction with traveling guests.
A couple of days after I checked out, I noticed a separate "pending charge" on my card and Adrian in the back office worked diligently to get this resolved and kept me updated on all the information I needed to know. As it turned out, it was MY bank that hadn't released the funds and had Adrian not worked so hard to determine why this transaction remained pending for so long, I might still be waiting. Kudos to Adrian for following through! Ms. Harriet at night was always friendly and spoke to me each time she saw me. The other staffmembers I met almost always cheerfully greeted me if they were not working with other guests. The housekeeping crew were very thorough and my belongings were safe. In fact, there was an actual safe in my room that was only a $1 per day for use. You are billed daily for it, but the amount is nominal when I compare it to other places I've stayed.
Fitness room was always clean, as was the pool, and the waiting area in the foyer was very comfortable. All the appliances worked and the bed was very comfortable. AC worked perfectly!
As far as "working girls", I can't say that I ever saw any during my entire stay. I saw alot of families, and a good number of them were there apparently for get togethers, etc. The remaining folks I saw were either business groups in town for meetings, contractor teams, or simply working class people. I never saw anyone who misbehaved or appeared out of control - no one seemed out of place, and I was there long enough to have noticed.

All in all, my stay couldn't have been better and I would definitely recommend them!

Room Tip: My room was near the elevator and if noise easily disturbs you, that may not be a good choice becaus...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank EvlMcgyver
Dear Evlmcgyver,
I would like to thank you for staying at my Hotel. As an extended stay guest I am delighted that you have decided to stay with us for such a long time. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the public. We value the comments that you have posted and are happy to have you as a guest. We defiantly look forward to seeing you again. Should your travel plans bring you to our area again please do not hesitate to give us a call. Have a "super duper" day!
Roseville, California
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were traveling on a family vacation to attend our oldest son, retirement ceremony from the U.S. Marine Corps. The hotel location was very convenient. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff very pleasant and helpful. The morning snacks were very tasty and the serving area clean. The shuttle service and from the airport was also very convenient and efficient. Overall, our stay was very satisfactory and we will recommend your hotel to all of our friends. Over the years, my family and I, have stayed at different Days Inn, in different locations through out the country. Yours is by far one of the best.

Room Tip: I wish more Days Inn across the country ran their hotels like yours.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Hello Edgar M.
We are extremely happy that you had such a wonderful stay at our Hotel. We have been told many times by our guest that no other Days Inn can compare to our hotel. This is simply because of our properties layout/location, amenities and most of all our "award winning" customer services. We also know that the best form of advertising is by "word of mouth" so for that we thank you. We truly appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you and have a great day!
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Reservations were messed up, everyday had to get new keys, refrigerator did not work, iron left black marks all over a shirt, did not have quarters for laundry, hotel AC was not working first two days (98 outside) then they wouldn't turn it below 86 after they got it working. TV volume would not go up. And they only gave us less than a half a roll of toiletpaper at a time. What a miserable hotel! And the web still says as an attraction Prime Outlets located across the street...they are closed down.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank paulannfoster
Hello Paulannfoster,
It is very sad that after I did all that I could to accommodate you and your family at my hotel – by addressing all of your concerns so that you would have a comfortable stay, you would still post such comments on Tripadvisor.com. In reference to a few of your concerns, your reservations was not messed up, they were made in another name and we needed to validate that. Your keys are demagnetized if you place them near your cell phone, credit card or car keys with a remote because they are magnetic. Your refrigerator did work however, it is a mini fridge which does not have the same freezing ability as a full size refrigerator. As stated to you before the TV volumes are controlled so that the volume would not disturb other guest, however the maintenance employee went to your room and adjusted the volume on your TV just to accommodate your son.
I take personal pride in my hotel and have a passion for what I do. My guest are my #1 priority and if they are not happy, I am not happy, this is why I had all of your issues addressed immediately. Therefore, it is impossible for us to correct any problems that you are having in your room/hotel if it is not brought to our attention. Nevertheless, we do thank you for staying at our hotel.
Cheraw, South Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I left my car at this hotel before flying from RDU. The hotel provided a shuttle to take me to the airport for my flight. When I returned from my trip 2 days later, I simply called the number on the card that the shuttle driver had given me. The shuttle came quickly and took me and my granddaughter to the hotel where we spent a comfortable night. I was pleased with every aspect of service and have reserved a second fly and park for when I make my next trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hello Linda S.
Thank you for posting such wonderful comments. Here at our Hotel we truly value you as a guest and more importantly a returning guest. We realize that when it comes to hotel lodging you may have certain preferences but many choices, however what make us unique and sets the standard is our “award winning” customer service. Therefore, we are excited and await your arrival!