“Very Disappointed!!!”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Morrisville
Roxboro, North Carolina, United States
“Very Disappointed!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for one night and did the stay, park, fly deal. When we arrived the guy at the counter was very nice and helpful. Check in went smoothly. However, when we got to the room, there was a dirty bath rag hanging from the shower rail. He did offer us another room and said that he would inform housekeeping. We had an early flight and the ride to the airport went without any problems. However, when we returned from our flight four days later and called to get a ride from the airport back to the hotel to retrieve our car, no one would answer the telephone. Another guest had also been trying to call. We even had someone at the airport try and call. They even called a neighboring hotel who also tried to call and there was no answer. We waited for over 20 minutes and no one ever answer the telephone. We ended up having to get a taxi to take us back to the hotel. When we went in to the hotel to complain, the guy at the counter (different guy from the evening when we checked in) all but said we were lying. I told him that he was welcome to call the information desk at the airport and they would verify our story. He said he was there and the phone did not ring. I requested reimbursement for the taxi and he said that the manager was not there and he could not authorize any reimbursement until they returned from lunch!!! I left my number for them to call so that I could be reimbursed. I never received a phone call. This is horrible customer service and we will never stay there again. A complete waste of my $100.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rhonda S
daysinnmgt, Director of Sales at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Rhonda,

I would like to start off by apologizing for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay at the Days Inn Raleigh Airport. The quality of service that you received was not up to our standards and the information you were given was incorrect. I have tried to reach out to you a few times since this post, to not only refund your taxi fare, but also to determine which one of our Front Desk associates you spoke to. We take customer service very seriously at our property, and I am very disappointed in the lack of service he provided. I would like to look into the phone situation on the date that you arrived to ensure that there was not a phone malfunction and to determine his whereabouts during the time frame you were trying to reach our hotel. In the event that our guests, particularly those who have paid for our Park & Fly service, are unable to get in touch with our airport shuttle service, we make it a point to refund our guests' their taxi fare. This circumstance very rarely happens and unfortunately it happened the day of your return. As for the bath rag in the bathroom, we have had a meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure that they are doing their due diligence and thoroughly checking the rooms and the bathrooms so that we do not have this issue again.

Once again, I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you, and stay with us again. Please give us a call at 919-469-8688 and we will be more than happy to refund your taxi fare.

Nichole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed here NewYears Eve and, having stayed up in Chandler at another Days Inn property where we loved everything BUT the level of noise between rooms, I was afraid being N.Y. Eve, we'd find this property so near the airport particularly noisy. This wasn't the case, and but for a couple of airplanes in the early evening, I don't think we heard a single 'neighbor' sound, certainly none of the 'gunshots' and other noises folks mention associated with New Years Eve. The front desk was helpful in copying w/o charge an important paper we needed for Bermuda customs and the breakfast bar was quite adequate. The rooms were actually pleasant, clean, and modern. We thought we'd be taking advantage of the shuttle but as it turned out, had no need. The morning desk clerk was able to direct us back to the Rental Car return and RDU is a fairly user-friendly airport. The only improvement I would note is that both evening reception and morning reception weren't the least bit smiley ... but then, not many people who must work New Years Eve/New Years day are, really....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wanderlassie
daysinnmgt, Director of Sales at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We really appreciate your feedback!

I am happy to hear that you found your accommodations pleasant and modern and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering. We strive to provide our guests with the best products, amenities and services at the most affordable price. I was a little concerned to hear that our front desk associates were not very friendly during your stay. While I appreciate your understanding about working on a holiday, this is the hospitality industry, and we do expect our front desk associates to wear a smile as a part of their uniform. We will definitely address this concern with them. I will say, that 99% of the time, our front desk staff is not only extremely helpful, but also very warm and friendly. I apologize that this was not the case during your stay.

Thank you again for your response and we do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have not had much luck with Days Inns. They are usually dirty with unfriendly staff and uncomfortable beds. But this Day's Inn was a gem among Days Inns. The rooms were clean and comfortable. And the hotel is incredibly close to the airport. We stayed there for one night to pick up my brother from the airport in the morning, and it was so close my dad actually walked to the airport to get the rental car. Actually, the front desk staff were so friendly that when my scatterbrained father forgot he had signed up to take the free airport shuttle (which runs every 15 minutes, unlike some airport shuttles that only run every hour), someone from the front desk came to our room looking for my father to make sure he got on the shuttle and didn't miss his flight. The breakfast was basic but free, and the price was more than reasonable. If you are looking for a no-frills place to sleep that is convenient to the Raleigh airport, this is it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
daysinnmgt, Director of Sales at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We truly appreciate your feedback!

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Days Inn Raleigh Airport. We pride ourselves in offering guests with the most comprehensive services for the most affordable prices. We believe our staff is the best in the area and they are always taking the extra initiative to make sure that our guests have a comfortable stay. We are one of the only properties that offers 24 hour, complimentary airport shuttle service in the are and we are happy to find out that the 15 minute shuttle schedule was convenient to you.

Thank you again for your review and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Virginia
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We'd stayed at this hotel a couple of times before and weren't disappointed, but since it had been a few years, I was a bit unsure if things had changed. For the most part the hotel is still a viable option for budget-conscious travelers. The Days Inn is a no-frills, no-luxury hotel that offers generally good service and clean and comfortable rooms at a great price. For a brief stay before and/or after a plane trip, it's a good choice.
This Days Inn provides a free "snack" for clients each night--cake and coffee. The night we stayed they had carrot cake--real bakery cake. This is a nice little extra that the more prestigious hotels seldom offer and it's appreciated. Unfortunately the continental breakfast is worse than mediocre. There were few selections and there was NO JELLY anywhere to be found. I consider jelly a basic for toast, bagels, etc. Since there was no staff member present, I went to the desk and asked. It seems that everyone had a memory lapse and couldn't remember if the hotel provides jelly or not--although no one could find any that day. Not good, Days Inn! Breakfast starts at 4:30, so early travelers can grab something, but the bad thing is that there isn't much to grab. The attention to breakfast here definitely needs to be revaluated and some quality control changes made.
When I made our reservation, I requested "a quiet room not next to the elevator". We were put in Room 117--2 doors from the elevator, directly opposite the fitness room, and a stone's throw from the lobby. The room was definitely not quiet. Since the hotel was by no means crowded, I don't know why we were not put somewhere more consistent with my request.
I like many aspects of this Days Inn, and would definitely give it another star if the two problems mentioned here were addressed. It's convenient to the airport and restaurants, clean, and I love the evening snack idea. With a bit more attention, it can be even better.

Room Tip: Be adamant about not being placed near the lobby, elevator, or fitness room. A quiet request may no...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and the amenities that we offer guests, and your feedback is invaluable to that process.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at our property. We try to offer guests the best services and amenities at the most reasonable price! I am disappointed, however, that you experienced some inconveniences during your recent stay. We do offer several different kinds of jelly, as I have actually had toast for breakfast on a few different occasions. I apologize that jelly was not offered at the time of your stay and that we were not able to provide you with any. I was also surprised to hear that your request for a quiet room was not taken as seriously as it should have been. While our property is relatively quiet, we realize that noise is relative and as such, our staff should have made sure you were in a low traffic area. We will definitely bring this concern up at our next staff meeting. We are so happy that you appreciate our evening snack and that once again, you had a good stay overall. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future and allow us to make up for the inconveniences experienced during your recent stay. Thank you again for your response!

Vail
Reviewed December 31, 2011

This hotel has good employees and good customer service. The rooms were clean and the beds are comfortable. Our tub was a whirlpool tub and the heater definitely worked. There is a coffee maker, a refrigerator, and a microwave. They have a business center with two computers, two printers, and a book exchange. Printing our boarding passes was free (thank you!) All of these things combined to make our stay comfortable. There is a good restaurant next door which gave great customer service, and a Schlotzsky's and a Cracker Barrel across the street. The outlet mall is also across the street.

However, I was concerned by the dirty hallway floors, the carpet which looked like it hadn't been updated since the 1970s, and the dark hallway colors which made the hotel seem dingy. This hotel could earn a great rating if the housekeeping in the common areas and the paint color were updated to be more welcoming.

Overall, our stay was comfortable, but if I were coming into the area, I would stay somewhere else, just because the hallway carpet was really dirty and the wall color was quite depressing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your candid feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our services.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at the Days Inn Raleigh Airport. We try to provide our guests with the most comprehensive services at the most affordable prices and we like to think that we have the best staff in the area. The property is under new management, and we have made some major renovations to the property just within the last year, including the front desk and lobby area and the breakfast room. We have plans to continue renovations through phases, and our hallway areas are definitely on our short list. We would like to assure you that our rooms, hallways, and all common areas are thoroughly cleaned every day by our housekeeping staff. We take pride in the cleanliness and comfort-ability of our property and we will continue to make a constant effort to portray this to our guests.

We really appreciate your candid feedback, and we hope that you will reconsider, and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Our stay was a good one, this hotel is clean, inexpensive and very accommodating to their guests. Plus just next door on Monday's you can get margarita's for just .99 cents!!!!! Thank-you Days Inn!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011
daysinnmgt, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your comments!

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! At the Days Inn Raleigh Airport, we strive to provide the greatest service and accommodations to our guests at the most affordable price. We are also happy to hear that you took advantage of our location; and I would have to agree, Margarita Mondays are the best!

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

N. Adams
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed October 5, 2011

The quality of the room and my stay was a great value for the price I paid. The staff was attentive and helpful. I had a room with an excellent location, first floor and near a secure exit. I was able to park very near the entrance/exit door.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Hal B
daysinnmgt, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Raleigh-Airport-Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Hal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Days Inn Raleigh Airport on TripAdvisor.com. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent quality of service for an affordable price. I am pleased to hear that you found our Front Desk Staff to be friendly and accommodating. We like to think that we have the best Front Desk Staff in the area!

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will stay with us again soon!

N. Adams