“Great Food, Slow Service”
Review of Treat

Treat
Ranked #5 of 114 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American, French, Wine Bar
Description: We believe a TREAT is different for everyone! We offer food to satisfy all cravings and dietary restrictions. We serve cooked to order comfort food. We serve fine wine, crafty and domestic beers and make fresh handcrafted cocktails made with fresh squeezed juices, fresh fruits and herbs. Our gift shop has an ever changing inventory of ladies jewelry and accessories, children's toys, pampering products, home decor, art, homemade soaps and other unique gifts! Find the right gift for that special person in your life or TREAT yourself! We also offer gift wrapping!
Reviewed August 10, 2017

My niece and I enjoyed a night out at Treat. The food surely is a delicious Treat! We shared the onion strings and the portobello mushroom appetizer. We also shared the chicken parm dinner. We ended with the apple crisp for dessert. We enjoyed every bit of our food. However, the kitchen was very slow! The appetizers and dinner came out at the same time! I am not sure why! We waited over an hour for our food. We arrived an hour and half before closing and they weren't very busy. The staff was gracious enough to let us stay and finish our meal after closing. We feel the food was overpriced for the town. The appetizer serving were very small and pricey. The chicken parm dinner didn't come with a salad or bread and was $15. Even though it was very good, the price was too high.

Lulu R, Manager at Treat, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to let us know exactly where we should focus to continue to grow and improve. We are sorry that you received your appetizer with your meal and we will work with our staff to ensure they know to keep your courses spaced out. We do cook everything to order and make much of our menu in house which is time consuming but you get an ending result like delicious onion strings that are buttermilk battered and fried crisp and our housemade spicy ranch. We do offer several versatile options on our menu and hope you do come back again to Treat yourself!

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend,my son and I ate lunch here Saturday.My son had the Unicorn fish and chips with a Caesar salad.My girlfriend had the Chicken in the barn sandwich with fries and I had the Unicorn fish tacos with a side of Macafredo.The Caesar is as good as you'll eat anywhere.The fish by itself,as well on the tacos,is light and crispy and delicious.The Macafredo is a fancy spin on Mac n cheese.It has a spiral noodle with a cheesy alfredo sauce and it is so good.Chicken in the barn is grilled chicken,cheese,lettuce,tomato and lemon garlic aioli on a toasted bun.It also is very good.The ambiance,service and food are all terrific and we will definitely be back!

Lulu R, Manager at Treat, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience, come back to see us soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

Regular on our date night rotation. Great Italian cuisine. Fun cocktail menu. Great wine selection. Good service and nice
dessert options. Can get a glass of wine and go shopping while you wait for your food. That's my favorite thing to do. Always putting new specials on the menu. Have a cute outdoor patio now for the warmer weather.

Lulu R, Manager at Treat, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for the awesome review!

Reviewed July 27, 2017

This is a gem of a place! The bartender (originally from Florida) has a flair for craft cocktails and talked us through the choices of the day, which included a prize-winning summer concoction that we tried and enjoyed very much. I had the veggie sandwich, which was delicious. We visited on our daughter's enthusiastic recommendation and found it to be the best of all the three restaurants we tried in Morganton. I highly recommend Treat!

Lulu R, Manager at Treat, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for joining us at Treat and for sharing about your experience! Be sure to join us Thursdays from 5 to 6:30 PM, for half priced salads and appetizers! See you soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2017

I was in charge of figuring out a central meeting place for a converging of 2 families that just happened to becoming to NC at the same time. Our families all know each other, but live in Nebraska and Florida with our family living in NC. It was a fabulous surprise to learn that everyone could have a crossover day of July 19th. I write reviews for Trip Advisor so once I decided on Morganton as the city I searched for the best fit for our crazy group of 10!! Some of us hadn't seen each other in more than 2 years so to says we were MORE than excited was not to be understated. We just wanted to laugh and have a relaxed atmosphere with great service and fabulous FRESH FOOD! Keith, our server---had his hands full with our group!! Between our chattering and cutting up--he wasn't quite sure when to take us seriously---HE was a champ!! He tried several of the appetizers..the fried calamari---EXCELLENT, there was a homemade duo of hummus & pimento cheese served with cucumber slices & crispy baguettes toast!---OH MY!! (I can't remember the name) Deep Fried Goat Cheese on bed of spinnach--DELICIOUS!! These were some of the more unusual appetizers. For Entrees: I would HIGHLY recommend the Fish & Chips--served with the house made lemon aioli. The other favorite of the evening was the Mushroom Cream Sauce Alfredo (You add you favorite protein)--wonderful with rigatoni. A couple of the teenagers had a variety of the housemade burgers--each were hits! Part of what makes this restaurant so inviting is the relaxed atmosphere and the inviting tone when you walk in the doors. There is an unusual gift store with an array of unique items. I found a special gift for my first born grandchild--literally less than 36 hrs old at that point---would NOT have found it any place else...This restaurant?....A CERTIFIED TREAT!!!

Lulu R, Manager at Treat, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for sharing about your experience at Treat, Gloria! Come back to see us soon!