“A Real Gem”

Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A contemporary southern farm-to-table restaurant that uses locally sourced products, with a fully stocked pub featuring a seasonal cocktail menu and an extensive craft beer list.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“A Real Gem”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My SO and I had dinner at the restaurant portion of this establishment and watched the Super Bowl from the basement pub. Everything was great! Nice ambiance upstairs and attentive staff. I can't say enough about the food - from the fresh oysters to the trout main course, this food rates five stars in anyone's book. It was a small but very enthusiastic group watching the Super Bowl in the pub, but it was a great venue for watching. I must especially compliment Meridith Potter for her assistance that night. I will be back as often as I get to Morganton.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank George L P

Morganton, North Carolina
“Great Changes”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I wrote a somewhat negative review of Wisteria after it first opened based on eating there twice. What changes they have made! The menu has changed and I had a hard time choosing what to eat because everything on the menu sounded delicious. We have been back twice since then and every time the food and the experience was completely outstanding. Everything was fresh, cooked to perfection, and piping hot from the kitchen. Thanks Obie, you're doing great!

• Visited February 2013
Marion, North Carolina
“Delightful Restaurant”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I ate at Wisteria for the first time, based on recommendation from friends. We found all aspects of our experience outstanding. My husband ordered a hamburger with a side of cheese grits and a Caesar salad. I had the meatloaf with Vidalia onion gravy and a side of buttermilk mashed potatoes. All were delicious! We also enjoyed cornsticks served with a variety of butters. Our server (Charlene) was so helpful and personable. The desserts sounded decadent, but we were too full to try them. We will go back!

• Visited January 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best food in Morganton”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I was curious to see what the new owners had done with the venue...and I was more than pleased with the results. The restaurant uses all locally grown produce and meats to fill its exceptionally well-priced menu. The staff is very friendly and quite contentious about all of your needs. We had a wonderful family dinner and I highly recommend that you try it (the pork chop was outstanding). Enjoy!

Connellys Springs, North Carolina
“Very Welcome Addition To Downtown Dining”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I love going to Downtown Morganton and catching Dinner and a movie. It is such a beautiful Town Square, a lovely atmosphere.

We went to Wisteria for the first time and it immediately became our favorite restaurant in Morganton. We LOVED it!

We enjoyed the Fired Green Tomatoes on a bed of grits, I wish I could describe what else was on this masterpiece, but we devoured it too quickly
I ordered the meatloaf which was outstanding, and the wifey had the Low Country Chicken Bog which we found tasty as well.

Seasonal Menu, all local ingredients on the menu. Morganton is very, very luck to have an establishment of this caliber on it's town Square.

Well Done Wisteria!