“Something for everyone”
Review of Gondola Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Gondola Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Seating
Description: This restaurant has opened withing the last 3 months or so...it has been reviewed on yelp.com. I would like to review this establishment on TA.
Lenoir, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The pizza is great,the white lasagna is excellent we now order all our to go pizzas from Gondolas 13.95 for 2 xtra large. The desserts are homemade and great but pick your dessert out when you walk by the glass frig so to give it time to get to room temp.

• Visited October 2012

Mount Airy, Maryland
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Had the manicotti!! It was fantastic. Would love to try their pizza. Our waiter, Michael, was so nice & very atttentive!

Visited June 2012
Boone, North Carolina, United States
“6 dollar lunch special. Great homemade Italian food”
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Lunch specials for only 6 dollars is a great deal with a great variety of food to choose from. The owner is awesome and come to each table to make sure everthing is ok. Great value great staff. And great nightlife

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Ample servings, great deserts!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very nice place. Meals were tasty, and servings very generous. actually, too much! Decent value, but not a real bargain. We'll eat there again.

Visited July 2012
Western North Carolina
“The Jury is Out”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Through the grapevine I had heard some say they liked it, some...not so much. Only one way to find out...go eat. The menu is extensive, and had I not already been craving spaghetti and meatballs, I would have had a hard time deciding. One reviewer, on another social networking site, complained about all of the choices. But that is not always a bad thing. I know of another Greek/Italian place in Salisbury called Christos that has a similarly extensive menu, and I've never been disappointed there. But I knew what I wanted. The bread they brought out was fresh, hot, and drizzled with butter. The salad that came with the dinner was decent. The meatballs were delicious. My problem was with the sauce. Frankly, it reminded me of something that came out of a jar. I was expecting something that was unique and zesty...not blah. My wife makes way better...and she is not Italian. I was satisfied but not bowled over. I must say the service was good, and I was sorry I was too full to sample one of the eye-popping deserts in the display case because they looked delectable! The owners seem to have invested quite a bit into this place and I hope they can make it work, since Morganton has traditionally had a limited number of options of really good restaurants. Right now this place is begging for a really good spaghetti sauce.

• Visited April 2012