“Ok food”

Abele's Family Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 113 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: *Serving Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner *Breakfast Bar Daily Soup Salad & Fruit & Veggie Bar Daily *Full Breakfast Menu *Full Lunch & Dinner Menu *Burgers, Sandwiches, Seafood, Steaks, Chicken, Ribs & Much More *Homemade Desserts & Delicious Ice Cream Creations *Good Old Country Cooking *An Eclectic Decor With Nostalgia From The Last 50 Years *Banquet Room With Seating Up To 40 for Private Parties *Diner Counter with 8 Stools *Ice Cream Shop *Candy Store *Outdoor Patio
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Food was plentiful and inexpensive. Quality of food was ok. Nothing that would make me feel inclined to come back. Service was also ok. Waitress did suggest that the meatloaf I was going to order may not be the best choice.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (345)

Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Most of us got the buffet. One ordered from menu. We all enjoyed it and had a wonderful time thanks to the wait staff. The food is delicious!

Reviewed December 12, 2019

They have a nice selection of foods!Everything we have had is delicious. Way better than Golden Corral and cheaper! Good old country cooking! Highly recommend this place for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

Usually do carry out. Wide variety of foods to choose from with competitive prices. Never had a bad meal. Staff ensures the order is right before you leave.

Reviewed November 29, 2019

I thought this place was so much fun. The walls were covered with fun signs and everywhere you looked there were things hanging from the ceiling. We were seated quickly, our drink order was taken quickly, and our food arrived in a timely manner. Our server and everyone else working there were so friendly and fun.

They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner and you can order off the menu or visit the breakfast bar, the soup/salad bar, or the fruit/veggie bar. The also have an ice cream shop and a candy store.

There were a lot of policemen and fire fighters eating there and that always tells me the food is good (at least that is what I have found in the past). I ordered a BLT and asked to make sure the bacon was very well done. The bacon was perfect and I didn't have to send it back to be put over the heat again. My husband ordered the turkey club and we ended up sharing. Both sandwiches were awesome. I can't even think on one small negative about the place. If we are ever in the Morganton area again we will certainly stop again.

Date of visit: April 2019