“Very Nice”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Morganton
Pittsburgh
“Very Nice”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed at this location in the last 2 months. It is very easy to get to although the parking lot is a bit small. The staff is very accomodating and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast needs some perking up, but the coffee was good! We will stay here again.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank meldy101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I walked in on Tuesday afternoon. The front desk clerk (don't want to mention name - or would lose job) but was extremely rude. She was talking on the phone with another guest in a very disparaging manner. Just simply rude and condescending. I waited for her tirade to go on for about 5 minutes, then just got tired of being ignored and left.
I did not check in, so can't honestly comment about the rooms, but I think you would do better elsewhere ...... and oh yeah, the Comfort Inn up the street is even WORSE.
I finally ended up at the Quality Inn on exit 105, and found the rooms great, staff nice and efficient, and they spoke English!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank David M

Travelers are raving about these Morganton hotels

Simpsonville, SC
Reviewed August 28, 2008

NOTE: I realize this is a long review, but please hear me out and quickly read this. I hope to help someone else stay out of this situation.

My wife and I made reservations to stay at this Days Inn location in early August. We arrived around 8 PM and checked in at the front desk with Linda Hastings, the front desk manager. Upon entering our room we noticed that the bed was very firm. I have had a small amount of back trouble in my past and from
time to time sleeping on a hard mattress can irritate it.
My wife and I decided that we didn't want to risk hurting my back so I went downstairs to the lobby and explained the situation to Linda at the front desk and asked if she had any other rooms available that may have a softer bed. She was very snappy and harsh with me and told me that all the beds were basically the same but gave me keys to two different rooms so I could see if it was better for me. I went into both rooms and tried out the beds only to find that they were the same firmness as the room we were staying in.
I explained to Linda that the beds were all the same and I wouldnt be able to sleep on them without a lot of pain. I asked her if we may just check out and receive a refund. She refused, stating that "there will be no refund because we held the room for you and turned others away". I didn't understand why we could not have been given a refund under our circumstances after having exhausted other options as well as not even staying in the room. I figured that I would take it up with the Days Inn Corporate Office and see if they could help handle the situation.
I contacted Corporate and they informed me that since it is independently owned, I would have to deal with the management myself.
Well, since then, I have contacted the Morganton location several times asking to speak with the manager. Each time I contact them, it is the same lady, Linda Hastings, that answers the phone and says something to the effect of "I remember you, and you won't get a refund, I'm sorry, we don't have 'Sleep-Number' beds". The manager, Gary Jivan, will not speak with me. So I contacted Corporate again and they said they would look into it.
Last night I received an email from Linda Hastings' email account (it is clearly notated in the email). The email echoed everything that Linda has previously told me (you won't get a refund, we turned others away and sorry, but we don't have Sleep-Number Beds). Additionally, the overall tone was VERY rude, and at the end of the email she actually signed the Manager's name to it.
They have yet to refund my money and I just hope that anyone who may stay here will yield this review as a warning.

• Stayed August 2008
3 Thank cbridges2007
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We stayed at the Days Inn & Suites in Morganton, NC this weekend (my son’s baseball team, parents, siblings and friends).
Our experience with this hotel was SUPERB from the first day that we made contact with the representative at the front desk.
The hotel was clean and the rooms were nice. She treated all of us like we were someone special.
We received an excellent group rate and the front desk clerk had all keys ready with our names on them when we got to the hotel to check in on Friday night.
The continental breakfast was excellent and saved us from having to take the team to a restaurant for breakfast before their games each morning.
We WILL stay at this hotel again the next time we are in Morganton, NC.

• Liked — Excellent Customer Service
  • Disliked — we didn't get to stay longer
  • Stayed June 2008
brigantine
Reviewed October 28, 2007

it is a very nice, clean and quiet hotel. the staff was very friendly
and help full. the night clerk was very friendly. i would stay there again.

• Liked — its a very clean and quiet place with friendly staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pratham1203
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganton
Sleep Inn
#1 of 5 in Marion
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Marion

Been to Days Inn & Suites Morganton? Share your experiences!