“Helpful front desk - Pete”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Morganton
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I too found Peter to be very helpful. All of the staff that we came in contact with we're very courteous. We just checked out and have already recommended this hotel to other family members.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed here twice in the Fall of 2011 for business (September and November). Thought things might improve the second stay......It was still a "No stay here again hotel". First trip, I asked for a room with no connecting door and they placed me in a room with a connecting door but promised me that nobody would be in the room next door. 30 minutes later 3-4 guys check into the room and try repeatedly to get into my room through the connecting door. Management finally moved me to another room. On second stay, headboard on the bed was torn up with raw wood/splinters exposed. No smoking rooms but very smoky hallways and you can hear everything thorugh the walls.....worst Comfort inn I have EVER stayed in! Also, on second stay, no free newspaper although I am a Choice Privileges member. Front desk manager told me they ran out of newspapers and I could walk to the gas station across the highway (in the rain) to buy a paper...UGH!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jlborden
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I checked in during the week when they weren't busy. Peter at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. My room was great! Upon checking out, I noticed that the staff was very professional in every way. To me this makes a big difference. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: King suite was perfect.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We are planning to travel through Morganton tomorrow and decided that would be our stopping point for the night, so I called to make a reservation at this Comfort Inn & Suites (without checking Trip Advisor- - big mistake!). The guy making reservations seemed helpful until I asked for a confirmation#. Then he got all snappy like I had asked him to fly to the moon for me. When I got the confirmation, I realized why. He had booked a king suite (smoking)... completely opposite of what I reserved....no wonder the rate was high! When I called back to get corrections made, another lady named Trudy was just as rude (and seemingly put-out) about making changes....trying to charge me the higher price for a standard room. I finally just canceled it and then called the corporate number to ensure it was done correctly. WILL NEVER CONSIDER THIS HOTEL AGAIN!

Room Tip: Consider Days Inn/Suites in Morganton instead. SUPER NICE Customer Service, willing to negotiate on...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alabamabeachgal
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This place is ridiculous! Angel is suppose to be the GM. I had a wedding and had my guest stay at this hotel. My account was charged even though all of my rooms where either canceled or paid for. After numerous phone calls and emails Angel agreed to credit me back. Two months later still no credit to my credit card. Again I left numerous phone calls and emails. Bob refused to give me a number to Angel's Boss and insisted that he could help. After explaining the situation he told me that he could not but that he would have Angel call be back on Monday. Now its Wednesday and still the same story, no phone call!!!. Oh and get this, my credit card company gave me provisional credit back and now I have a second charge to my credit card from Comfort in charging me the same amount for a services I never received in June charged a second time August 30! What is going on with this company!! Obviously Angel needs to learn a little customer service and her employees could do for training as well. Do Not Use them. You will get screwed!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank melinda w
Reviewed September 12, 2010

BEWARE OF THIS PLACE-we arrived back after supper and found an employee in our room going through our luggage. And yes, things were missing.

The whole place reeks of stale cigarette smoke.

at night, there are people just hanging out in front of the hotel and they are not what you want to see at a place where you are spending the night. Looks like a crack house from the outside.

Don't waste your time-go to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank member123Nc
Reviewed July 13, 2010

The previous review is quite correct. It took me 30 minutes - for Mr. Patel (Bob) to check me in on a Tuesday afternoon, with no other guests there.

And to top if off, after I turned on the air, 30-minutes later, it was still warm.
I asked for another room. Same thing. I complained to "Bob" about it, and he told me that the air conditioning is PRESET at 73 to save power. Really. I checked out promptly. DON'T waste you time here ... the pictures are deceiving. David Miller

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Blazer_Guy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganton
Hampton Inn Morganton
22 mi away
Skyline Village Inn
Skyline Village Inn
#2 of 2 in Little Switzerland

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!