“Wonderful food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Root & Vine

Root & Vine
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hickory, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a restaurant you'd expect to find in a much larger city than Morganton, NC. The restaurant is decorated in a contemporary style with large modern artworks displayed prominently. My husband and I have eaten at Root and Vine twice, and each time, the food was prepared artfully and deliciously. The service was great, with cheerful, professional servers. We both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner (and wine selection!), as well as the somewhat formal, yet curiously quaint and comfortable atmosphere. When you eat at Root and Vine, you get the feeling that you have stumbled on a secret little gem. My husband and I highly recommend it!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Lora C

avl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Flavors Friendly Professional Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Delicious food and prompt service! A modern take on classic flavors. A comprehensive wine and beer selection pairs perfectly with a creative menu.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank d l
Asheville, North Carolina
“Never Again!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Was in Morganton for a training. The downtown location was close to the meeting hall so I decided to walk there with a group. We got there at 12 and still didn't have our food at 12:45. We had to run to be back to the meeting by 1 with our food in take-out boxes. The waitress never came back to check on us after taking our order (and she didn't even know enough about the food to tell us what some of the items included). They gave us a $2 discount on the WRONG ORDER. I asked for a turkey sandwich and mushroom soup, which was the daily special. I got a ham sandwich and tomato soup. I don't eat either of these things ever so I ended up having no lunch for $7.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Amy G
Charlotte, North Carolina
“An nice dinner in Morganton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had an early dinner at the Root & Vine. Nice dining room, pleasant wait staff. The portions were pretty big, salads were fresh although I don't think I have seen granola on a salad; doesn't work well for me.

The starches can be interchanged to accompany the fish, steak, etc. not noted on the minimalist menu but suggested by our server. Risotto was passable, fingering potatoes simple and nicely prepared. The main courses were cooked to our liking and arrived at the table hot.

They have a very interesting wine list with several unusual options and reasonable prices. A couple surprises and the staff was very knowledgeable. Good attention to details throughout our visit, but nothing to really knock us out and have us counting the days until our next visit.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Gustofwind
Anchorage, Alaska
“Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Wonderful staff, great bartenders, good variety on the menu. Lunch special is suggested - sandwich and soup/salad is good!

• Visited February 2013