“Two Thumbs Up!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were in Morganton for the Ridge to Bridge Marathon and heard this was one of the best restaurants in town. No doubt about it, it was awesome. We started with the special salad of the night which was local lettuce with pears, bleu cheese and candied pecans ... a huge serving and so good!

For entrees we had the crispy duck special, salmon over pumpkin risotto, the pork chop and the NY strip. Everyone cleaned their plates except for me because I had the NY strip and it was HUGE! We loved the food. Every bite was so flavorful.

To top it off, our server was awesome. We told her we were in town for the marathon and after seeing that we'd cleaned our plates she asked if anyone would like more carbs? "We have more in the back!" It was great! In fact it was so great, we wanted to come back on Saturday after the marathon for one last meal but they were closed :(

Thank you, Root & Vine ... you guys rock!

1  Thank SandBAtlanta

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Root and Vine catered a reception of 45 people for me. The food was absolutely delicious. The owners were so helpful in planning the event -- exceeded all my expectations. Will definitely use again.

1  Thank KathyB28
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Worth getting off the interstate for this place -- we had the burger and Vietnamese-style flank steak sandwich, and both were fantastic, as were the sweet potato fries. Quality is on par with bigger foodie cities. They also have a nice patio, too.

2  Thank JRHCalifornia
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were staying in Banner Elk and driving the Blue Ridge Pkwy when my wife saw a sign saying this way to Morganton. She had seen some ads in Out State magazine and said why not go there. Well who knew that we would find this great restaurant. All I can say is WOW.... My wife had the Banh Mi sandwich and I had a Pimento Cheese Burger. She had the sweet potato chips and I had hand cut fries. The food was great and we ended up taking half of it home for our evening meal. One of the best things was the chocolate bread pudding that we took home with us. The weather was great and we were very happy that they had outdoor seating so we could enjoy the great weather. If you’re in the area this should be a must stop.

2  Thank David H
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The food was terrific - our waiter was attentive but not intrusive. We picked a perfect night to eat outside.

1  Thank SSL199