“The Best in Town”
Review of Yiannis Restaurant

Yiannis Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 109 Restaurants in Morganton
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Granite Falls, North Carolina
“The Best in Town”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've lived in the area before Yianni's opened at least 20 years ago. Always love going there as did my husband who was of Italian heritage. I've never had a bad meal or service. Granted I there are my favorites that I usually order. Veal parmesan is fantastic, the best I've ever had with out pounding the veal and making it myself. The Gyro's are also great with real Greek cucumber sauce that is super tasty. I've eaten in good restaurants all over the country and the only Greek place I found that compared was in Vancouver, Canada and that's a little to far to travel for a meal every week or two. There desserts look yummy but honestly have never had enough room left to try one.

• Visited June 2013

“Would you like snot with your salad?”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Went to eat for dinner with my husband and things were going ok..even though I think our server was new but then while we were eating one of the girls decided to blow her nose and then wipe her nose with the back of her hand..and if that was not bad enough she went over and started handling the salads without washing her hands..I thought I was going to throw up needless to say I asked the server for our check as soon as I could and got out of there. That will be the last time we eat there..I told our server which said something to the girl and she got an attitude about it. But that is gross!!! If yoh want boogers with your meal this is the place to go.

• Visited June 2013
North Carolina
“Enjoyable Meal”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Enjoyed a Greek Salad with Shrimp . . . They also have delicious pizza . . . and a nice Sunday brunch . . .

The Greek food is authentic as the owner (Yianni) is Greek himself.

Highly recommend . . .

Visited May 2013
Morganton, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Have been here several times, the place is nothing to write home about. The food is average and the prices are high! I know better places to spend my lunch money!

Morganton NC
“Consistently very good”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have lived here for 10 years and work downtown, so I eat at Yiannis several times a month....often, a couple of times a week. I also go for Sunday brunch. I don't think I have EVER had anything I didn't think was very, very good. The owner is there each and every day, often in the kitchen himself. If you don't like something, tell them and they will gladly fix it! I think Yiannis WOULD stand out in a larger city....I grew up in Winston-Salem and went to college in Greensboro and Yiannis is way better than the Meditteranean legends in the Triad area (Jimmy the Greek, Zorba's, Hero House)........

• Visited May 2013