“Good food”

FATZ
Ranked #19 of 114 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Description: At Fatz, we serve your favorite American fare with a delicious twist. From steaks to seafood, treat your taste buds to the flavors of Fatz. Fatz is committed to the highest standards of fresh quality food preparation with the finest of ingredients. ‎
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

I was impressed. Food was fresh and good and hot. Nice selection. Good waiting staff. I would recommend.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. First off I wouldn’t even give them and star. It isn’t worth any type of recognition. I am well versed in foods and worked in a 5 star fine dining restaurant. First off the “merlot Au Jus” that was paired with the grilled pork chops was nothing but brown gravy you’d eat at your grandma’s, and it wasn’t tasty like your grandmas. Another person in our party got the Cajun shrimp and grits. We have eaten shrimp and grits from various places even in New Orleans. The shrimp and grits was supposed to be paired with andouille gravy, well what it was actually plated with was the same ole brown gravy from the grilled pork chop plate. They called it Au Jus gravy. The thirst person in our party got the pork ribs, which tasted like they soaked in brine. The ribs were salty and the fries were burned. Like they had been fried and re-fried to heat them back up.

I questioned the waitress about what the “gravy” was on the shrimp and grits and she admitted it was the “Au Jus gravy.” After I pointed out the error and various other errors from the menu, she got the manager. I quizzed the manager about the ingredients in the shrimp and grits. They were all on the same page that the “Au Jus gravy” was paired with the shrimp and grits. I pointed out where the menu lists andouille sausage gravy, not “brown gravy.” The manager said various items have changed, but that’s no excuse for the cook to not even follow the menu. It’s also no excuse for poorly prepared and poor tasting food.

The restaurant smells of 60 year old restaurant carpet which should be thrown out. The odor of stale grease and a poorly cleaned restaurant should have clued me in as to the quality of food. This restaurant needs renovating to alleviate the nasty stench and clean things up.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We came in from a long trip to meet local family at Fatz. The bartender/waitress had an attitude from the beginning, and only had enough Amaretto for 3 drinks (two family members were drinking Amaretto). Those two issues aside, the food was fabulous! Especially the fried green tomatoes and bourbon burger, as well as the boneless chicken wings. Everything tasted great! I would definitely come back here to eat. My family members who live nearby said our bartender/server was usually a lot of fun and nice, so maybe she was having an off nite? We still had a great time visiting our family

Reviewed June 16, 2018

Went for lunch with coworkers. We arrived around 130 and it was very quiet. We were greeted and seated promptly. Menus were brand new, clean and shiny. Waitress was super friendly. Meal choices were tasty looking. I had calabash chicken. It was tasty. There are several sides to choose from. I had baked potato. Enjoyable lunch. Friend ordered banana pudding, she said it was very good. They serve Pepsi products.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Stopped on a slow night (Sunday, June 10); were seated in a booth on the bar side. Took forever for our appetizers to arrive. Waiter plopped them down and bolted before we could say anything. Had to flag him down to ask for silverware. He acted irritated that we had asked for silverware and plopped it down and bolted again without giving us any plates (so we ate off the serving plates). An enormous amount of time passed before our entrees arrived and they were all quite cold, but we were so hungry at that point, we decided not to complain.