“Good food and friendly service”
Review of FATZ

FATZ
Ranked #23 of 111 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Description: At Fatz, we serve your favorite American fare with a delicious twist. From steaks to seafood, treat your taste buds to the flavors of Fatz. Fatz is committed to the highest standards of fresh quality food preparation with the finest of ingredients. ‎
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My first ever taste of Fatz Cafe. I went with my husband whom had never been to a Fatz either. We ordered a little more than usual because it was our first time and we wanted to try a small variety. I ordered the Onion Burger (spelled differently on menu) with red bliss mashed potatoes and mac N cheese. My husband had a cheeseburger with fries and we had an order of mushrooms (which do not appear on the menu) We were given a free sample of their chicken tenders due to this being our first time ever. Both burgers were cooked exactly how we requested. They were juicy and full of flavor. The toppings were fresh. The mashed potatoes were fantastic I did not even need to add salt. The mac N cheese were good but I did not care for the bacon in it and wish I had asked first. The fries were cooked perfectly and had a nice crunch and yummy inside. The sample chicken tenders were cooked really nice, light batter and very juicy with great flavor. I must mention the deep fried free sesame rolls that come with a honey butter glaze. The combination of the two is so wonderful but don't eat too many and spoil your appetite. My overall favorite was the fried mushrooms which I thought were awesome. They were lightly battered and the mushrooms were huge. The batter was different then most. It actually had wonderful flavor, again no salt needed. The peach cobbler at the end was so good I wish we could had enjoyed it more but we were stuffed. Our server was Kelly and she done a very nice job, polite, our drinks were never empty and always stopped and asked how we were doing and how the food was. The Manager Brian stopped by and talked to us for a little while and we sincerely enjoyed that. We can not wait to talk to the corporate office to try to encourage them to bring one to our town. I personally wish the menu was a little more condensed. There are just so many options. We look forward to trying more items and seeing if they are as good as what we had today. Thank you all for treating us so well.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Don't waste your hard earned money or time eating at this place! The food was terrible (barely warm) and the service was even worse! I ordered the Turkey and Dressing which was stated as a "Sunday Favorite Specialty". The turkey tasted like frozen Freezer Queen, and was so salty that if burned my mouth and throat. It was inedible! The dressing had apparently been made with water because is was incredibly soggy with no flavor. The green beans tasted like a can was opened, slightly warmed, and poured onto the plate. We were never offered any refills on our drinks. We never say the server again until she brought our check and laid it on the table. I will never eat here again and highly recommend that you don't either!

1  Thank Gerald W
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I like that restaurant because it has a nice environment.. really cozy, I should say as the design is like a cottage with stones. The food is very good; wide variety. Best of all, nice people/staff/waiters are great... friendly.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Food was pretty good. Service was good, but for the amount of food we received it was way too pricey for a casual restaurant. Next time we'll look for a Chili's.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Coworkers and I went to FATZ for lunch. The service was slow and the waitress was not interested in picking up our check.

The food was very small portions for a big price. The steak was overcooked and the waitress never checked in.

Clearly it would be better to go to a fast food burger joint that eat at FATZ.