“Will think twice before staying here again”

Hampton Inn Morganton
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Morganton
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Will think twice before staying here again”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I was happy with previous stays at this hotel. The desk clerk was very friendly. However, my room was unacceptable. The manager came up and checked out my complaint and moved me to another room. The second room had dirty sheets on one of the beds. I didnt complain about this because I had already moved to another room. I think the housekeeping crew needs follow-up or retraining. The 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy was applied; so there was no charge. Located close to interstate and restaurants. However, I think I will stay in a hotel in a nearby town in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ronilynn777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
southeast us
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Our family stayed here the night before my husband ran the Ridge to Bridge Marathon. The room was clean & comfy and we all had a great night sleep before the big race!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tarheelUS
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Very friendly late night clerk. Wonderful Hampton beds (better than even most luxury brands), small pool, decent breakfast, very clean, near the interstate. If you value clean comfortable rooms and need rest, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Southernnoise
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband stays at Hampton Inn very frequently due to his business. We had accrued "points" and reserved a room at the Hampton in Morganton, NC in order to attend the Red, White & Bluegrass Festival over the 4th of July weekend. The day we were supposed to fly in, our first flight was cancelled, and our second one was bumped. We did not arrive in NC until around noon the next day. We had thought to call the hotel after our cancelled flight, and tell them that we would be late...but after the hassle of being "bumped" we forgot to tell them that we would not be arriving at all that night. When we called the next day, the person at the desk told my husband that since we hadn't arrived, they had cancelled our reservations. Well..this was a FESTIVAL weekend, and this particular hotel (along w/ the rest in the city) was packed. We explained our situation, spoke to several extremely kind and helpful people, and they not only found us a very nice room, but did not charge us the points from the night we could not be there. We try to stay at a Hampton Inn whenever we travel...because of service like this. We are always pleased, but were particularly pleased that this one took pity on two very tired and frustrated travelers! We ended up having a wonderful trip!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ayoung2553
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn due to business with my job. I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay with Hampton Inn after having a very bad experience with the one in Charleston, SC. I said I would never stay at this chain again. The hotel in Morganton was very nice and clean. The front desk personnel was helpful and friendly. My room was great! The bed was comfortable. All the furniture was new and the bathroom was clean. The bathroom had plenty of towels. I really enjoyed my stay. The complimentary breakfast had a great variety and it was plentiful. This particular Hampton Inn has redeemed my faith in the Hampton Inn chain.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tamara68
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 31, 2011

The hotel itself is very nice, with comfortable rooms and attractive decorations, including pictures of landmarks in the area. We stayed here with our wedding party and family before our wedding, and are certain it was a good choice.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank dofmars
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Morganton twice now. The staff have been wonderful each time, the beds very comfortable and clean. We were in town for a funeral and were given a berevement rate. I had never heard of this before and think they are probaly the only ones in town to give this. It was much appreciated.
I can't say enough about this Inn. Breakfast was good and they had plenty of fresh fruit.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morganton
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Glen Alpine
Hampton Inn Hickory
Hampton Inn Hickory
#1 of 13 in Hickory

Been to Hampton Inn Morganton? Share your experiences!