“Nasty staff” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morehead City
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Nasty staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We did not stay because the staff was so rude and arrogant. We went to another hotel and had a great experience. It appears to need upgrading and the staff needs training. I would never go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank carol21061

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place is alright for a few days. It is need of some updating. The rugs are dirty and you leave black footprints in the tub. I could only get hot water out of the sink. Those would not be deal breakers on coming back. The desk staff was friendly and called after I got in the room to make sure everything was alright. I hadn't checked the faucet yet. Good location, close to everything you will need. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
East Hanover, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel may not have the glamour that PLAYGIRL MODELS want on a vacation experience, but if you are going SOLO, then this place is great. We liked it. We was sharing a room ( me and my buddy,) and we did not mind if the glamour and bubbles were missing. The price was reasonable, Just wanted a place to sleep comfortably, and able to get out for fishing or ocean activity or other --- very early. Other hotels have a SET time for breakfast, and a SET time for everything. Life in our neck of the woods was not like that. We liked having coffee at 5:45 AM, and not having to BEG the KITCHEN STAFF for it.

Room Tip: If you do not need a BIG breakfast, if you do not need a POOL, then stay here. This place is not &q...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter-From-NJ
Elmira, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

When we arrived our room was not ready but they were apologetic and let us in rather quickly. However... I got in the shower and couldn't get the water to go down so by the time I was done (and I was rushing because the tub was filling fast!) the water was mid shin level. GROSS!!! Needless to say, my husband couldn't shower. I called downstairs and they did send someone
up but, really? Standard furnishings sadly outdated. Staff was chatty and nice. Will not go again. VERY difficult to get a taxi from here which I still don't understand.

Room Tip: I didn't see an elevator but the place is only two stories high.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Morehead City hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had stayed at the EconoLodge a number of times in the past. It's one of those hotels that is way over priced for what it is, but it's all about location. There aren't many hotels to choose from in Beaufort/Morehead City. I am a Scuba Diver and wanted something that was relatively close to the place I would be diving. When I arrived, I was please to see that there appeared to be new owners, who had painted and put in new carpet. However, I noticed after the first night I had a few bites on me. I had never encountered bed bugs before, so I didn't know what the bites meant. I first thought it had something to do with the Diving I had been doing. However, by the end of my stay, I had over 20 bites on my left arm and hand, and a fair number on my right. I ended up looking up pictures of bed bug bites, and confirmed that my bites where those from bed bugs. I will not be staying at that hotel again. (Also, Not related to the bedbugs - the free wifi was terrible. It took 2 hours for me to connect - even after calling TimeWarner to Technical support. When the Hotel is full, the routers or modem can't handle the volume - and I was only able to connect on my IPad, my laptop never gained access.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Denise C
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place is good value - quiet location, rooms have plenty of spare power outlets, good beds, and good towels. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful to provide a fridge for my room. Breakfast was average for this class hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great staff at the front desk...as I was entering Carol opened the door for me and with a pleasant greeting! Yes it is a simple hotel, but it is clean, the beds are comfortable and the bathroom is clean. I was talking to the GM upon arrival and did find out they are getting new carpet next week, refrigerators and microwaves in all rooms is soon to follow. It is an econo lodge and I didn't know what to expect upon arrival especially with the other reviews, but I am really happy with my choice!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Holiday Inn Express Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores

Been to Econo Lodge Crystal Coast? Share your experiences!