Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
$103
$118
$171
$161
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$100
$75
Sandpiper Motel(Atlantic Beach)
$141
$115
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Clean updated room and a very reasonalbe price. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We stayed here on business to the coast. The staff was courteous and efficient. Rooms were very clean and the shower was hot - almost too hot! Good quality towels, sheets and pillows and a decent HVAC unit. There was good soap available but bring your own shampoo. The continental breakfast consisted of pastries, english muffins, juice and coffee; I would have liked something with protein. Within its price range I would rate this a very good stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We were on our way to Hatteras Island for our usual fall fishing trip, but because Hwy 12 was closed, we had to take the long way (which meant 2 ferries, one of them 2 hours long). We decided to stay at Morehead City in order to catch the first ferry in the morning. I tried to book other hotels, but for some reason they were full. We found out why when we arrived - it was their annual Seafood Festival! I guess we were lucky to get ANY room at all, and for $48.

The hotel is a tiny bit rundown because it did sustain some hurricane damage, but the room was OK. It was clean and tidy, the bed was comfortable, and there was a microwave and small fridge. The bathroom needed an update, badly - especially the tub, as the finish was well worn, and I mean WELL WORN.

Now, about the front desk manager(s). Sometimes you read a review and you "wonder". There were two women and they couldn't have been nicer!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Stayed here on short notice, primarily due to fairly good overall reviews and a reasonable rate. Was told upon check in that there was no wi-fi unless we took a room near the office on the bottom floor. The wi-fi signal was marginal, but adequate. Our room was was relatively small, but furnisihed well. I thought it was odd that the bed covers were partially turned back as if someone was interrupted while preparing the room for occupancy. It was not as clean as it could have been. It had a peculiar mildew like odor, the carpets could have been much cleaner, and there was hair in the tub. The tv remote control did not work. Otherwise, at this point, I did not feel I had been ripped too harshly. After all, it was an inexpensive motel. However, the night was not over. My wife and I went to bed at 9pm after an exhausting day of travel. Shortly thereafter, the noise began. The walls were paper thin and someone several doors down outside could be heard speaking in a normal voice. What sounded like the local bowling league was in a room directly above us. The floor between us was paper thin. While I don't believe the occupants above intentionally made noise, I also don't believe they any effort to be quiet. After almost an hour of noise, I called the office and requested a room change. A very apologetic clerk agreed to move us to a room on the second floor. By 10:30pm we had repacked, dressed, moved, unpacked, and put on our nigiht clothes(for the second time). I was ready to sleep. At that point, I could hear someone's loud voice. I got up, dressed again, and walked outside to investigate. Around the corner from by room, at the top of the stairwell near the opposite side of the building, was a man seated against the wall. He was on the phone, apparently engaged in an argument with his girlfriend or wife, His deep voice boomed louder as the intensity of the argument escalated. By the time I returned to my room, the argument had worsened. A withering barrage of [---] flew at this point and could be clearly heard as they reverberated off the exterior passageway walls. I called the clerk, who was still very apologetic, and he promised to investigate. Shortly thereafter, the noise stopped. I could still hear people speaking in a normal tone in the room next door. I was beaten and tired. I slept fitfully through the night and woke up exhausted. Upon arriving home the next day, I was running a fever and spent the next few days nauseated with a stomach virus. Upon checking out at the front desk, I related some of the night's events to a desk clerk I had not met. He nonchalantly asked if I had reported the problem to the front desk, I told him I had and he was obviously not interested in learning more. No apology or sympathy, just a blank unconcerned stare. We departed to never return again...but not without penning this review for future travelers.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank theconehead
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I booked this location on a budget and stayed for two nights while on business. Actually, I was surprised that I experienced a very quiet stay. As expected, the other hotel guests were mostly construction workers and they tend to be loud. The good news is that the walls were not thin, the bed was comfortable enough, the towels were thicker than expected, the pillows were not sheet thin, my bare feet didn't feel icky when I walked on the carpet, and there was a small desk in my room. The bad news is.... don't expect shampoo, toothpaste, more than a doughnut for breakfast, or many of the comforts that you pay for at a higher price hotel.

I paid a budget price and received exactly that. Actually, under similar circumstances, I would stay again!

Room Tip: My ground floor rooms was easily accessible and I was able to park right in front of my door.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business