“WOW...nice Renovation!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Morehead City
Wrightsville Beach
“WOW...nice Renovation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2009

Stayed here in the past and figured I would again. Property changed from a Comfort Inn to a Quality Inn and underwent a total overall. New carpet, furniture, bedding. Rooms are all new and they redid the lobby which is also very nice. Breakfast was also a good surprise the next morning. Much more than coffee and doughnuts like many other hotels. Very clean and pleasant staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I hope to see you in the near future! Barry Eagle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mebane, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2008

For starters, the value of this stay for me is infinite since it was a reward night on my Choice account. The location is great as a stop-off on the way to "Down East" NC and the Outer Banks. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was exceptionally generous, including waffles and many cereals and pastries.

This is an older hotel where you can park right outside your door if you are on the 1st floor. Our room was noticibly worn - carpet, bedding, curtains, paint etc. The bathroom sink and associated fixtures were straight out of the 70's, but all worked just fine. The dehumidifier was a bit raucous, but that was easily fixed by simply turning off for the night. The only truly wierd thing was the safety chain - it was hung backward on the door such that it would prove utterly useless in an emergency. Thankfully such emergencies are all but unheard of in this area.

This is a good place to stay so long as you don't spend much money on the room - that is, negotiate the lowest possible price.

• Liked — Location and free night
  • Disliked — rundown room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. Barry Eagle
denver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2008

The lobby was nice, but the rooms need some attention.
Our room was dirty looking and had a terrible odor.
My son awoke to 3 roaches on his arm and in his bed. When we asked a housekeeper about the roach problem, she said she was not aware of roaches, just the bed bug problem.
We were charged over a hundred dollars for the night and the manager did not seem to care about our terrible experience.
We did not want our money back, just an apology would have been nice.

• Liked — leaving the next morning
  • Disliked — the manager
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review! I personally want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. The hotel has been through a thorough pest control inspection Please feel free to contact me at (910)509-1707. We want to make things right for you and your family. Barry Eagle

Travelers are raving about these Morehead City hotels

Ohio, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2008

The hotel was very clean (A rated) and the staff competent and helpful. We were given a cot at no additional charge. However, it wasn't quite up to the "Comfort Inn" standard we typically see. It seem to have a "worn" feel to it. There were several large dents in the walls. And, the carpet/drapes were a bit faded. There was a slight smoky smell - although we were in a non-smoking room. It seemed like they had made some of the rooms non-smoking but kept the same carpeting, didn't repaint, etc.. My mother and two teenagers didn't notice this problem (I really dislike smoke smells, so if you aren't extra-sensitive, then it wouldn't be a problem). Breakfast was adequate, and we all enjoyed using the waffle iron. We were just staying the night, and the accomondations were fine if you are "driving through."

Stayed March 2008
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. Barry Eagle
Northwest NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

Overall good stay. 6 days. Facilities and staff friendliness were what you expect at Comfort Inn. This property authorizes a higher charge on your credit card higher than your room rate and applicable taxes without notifying you. In my case, about $100. Be sure to check your bill before signing. Housekeeping staff did an excellent job. Very friendly and did a very good job. Desk staff also was very friendly and alway eager to help when asked. All room doors on this property open to the outside. My room had a de-humidifier which had to be emptied every day. Very, very humid. Security was good. Plenty of families and activity in the area. Could walk to any of the nearby restaurants. A very good local restaurant nearby is New Dawn. Also good experience at Sub-Sational and Luigi's. Horrible experience at Jersey Mike's. Would not recommend at this location. I will consider staying at this property when in Morehead in the future.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank 2Muskrats
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for the kind review! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I hope to see you in the near future! Barry Eagle
Bston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2006

Pretty good stay. I rate it above average because of quietness of room; size; and cleanliness. Though one night when I went to turn my light off a friendly looking roach was on the night table staring at me. I tried to kill it. Not sure if I did.

In my opnion the price is high for this type of room. Maybe Im jaded by some of the wonderful rates Ive received over the past several months. 69/80WE is high to me. Especially in NC. But due to its location I quess its not all that bad. Im here for two weeks so I must like it.

The help is decent except when I asked if the hotel had any coupons for local golf courses and was told no but when I got back from golf I found several coupons and one for where I had just golfed in the travel mags they provide.

In addition. Help in the area is not that great. My orders at the Dunkin Donuts next store are consantly fouled-up; and Im consantly correcting what they are charging me.

A chicken joint down the street has the same problem.

Also, as a final note. Some of the drivers are a little crazy. There have been a couple of severe accidents on 24 and a driver made a turn right in front of me as I was travelling about 55 on 24. Another driver swung around me on 24; pulled in front jammed on his brakes and slowly made a right causing me to jam on my brakes. Mind you, I was going the speed limit when he did this.
And to top it off, it seems the police are bent on making sure everyone wears their seatbelts. The one time I didnt wear mine I was pulled over. I had just gotten itno my car to drive one mile to the hotel. The lady was nice enoough and gave me a warning. They must have a lot of accidents?

I took some pictures for your enjoyment.

• Liked — Large quiet clean rooms.
  • Disliked — A few insects/price
  • Tips/Secrets — Book well ahead during summer months. Priceline doesnt work well.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and giving us 4 circles. We apologize for the pest issue that you encountered. We are the new management company and are working on answering all the reviews. We have hired a new pest control company which we believe will do a much better job than previously experienced. We hope that you will stay with us in the future. Barry Eagle, Owner
Havelock, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2006

This hotel has a beautiful lobby, with a flat screen T.V. on the wall, I enjoyed watching in the morning. The rooms were recently renovated about 2 months before my stay. I was always greeted kindly when I went to the lobby. The continental breakfast was great it included waffles and sausage biscuits so it was nice to change it up from the usual muffins and cereal. I always got an answer on any question I asked even if it meant taking the time to look in the phone book or tourist book for me. I am very pleased with my stay and my room. The only thing that I would change about this hotel is I would like to see a bigger pool, the pool is a little small and gets crowded when a bunch of kids are in it. I would stay again and I would recommend it to my friends.

• Liked — The staff were very helpful and friendly.
  • Disliked — The pool was too small.
  • Tips/Secrets — You need to make a U-turn to get to the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank dc3886
Thank you for the kind review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I hope to see you in the near future! Barry Eagle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead City
Holiday Inn Express Morehead City
Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
Econo Lodge Crystal Coast
#4 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Quality Inn Morehead City? Share your experiences!