Quality Inn Morehead City
$139
$114
$117
$64
The Sand Dollar Motel(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$100
$75
Sandpiper Motel(Atlantic Beach)
$141
$115
Hotels.com
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach(Atlantic Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
Palm Suites(Atlantic Beach)
$129
$194
$137
Doubletree.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Outstanding Breakfest.Front desk persons where very professional checkin was quick. Wifi was avaiable, Shower water was on the weak side but overall nice place to stay. Location not far from downtown Morehead City and Atlantic Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Derrick H
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review and recognizing our staff members. We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I look forward to your next visit. Barry Eagle

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Upon arrival, the hotel looked nice. The main entrance to check in was clean and updated. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and professional.
The room was on the smaller side and a bit outdated. Two double beds is what we had. The pillows were smaller than the standard size and the top blanket felt like it needed a good wash. The bathroom was dirty and the door did not lock for privacy. On the second day, we went out and when we got back, our room was not even cleaned. I called the front desk and was told that it should have been cleaned. All the trash cans were still full, bed not made, but the housekeeper managed to splash some bleach in the toilet. Later that day I noticed that a roll of quarters was missing from my suitcase. I searched the room three times but did not find it. The only one that had access to our room was housekeeping. (you make the conclusion) Since I could not prove it, I did not call the front desk but I did leave a note for the housekeeper stating the missing money and mentioned front desk will know of this incident.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay as the kids enjoyed the pool. There is no kiddie section for smaller children so my 4 year old was not a happy camper. Other than the infestation of roaches at night and the theft, it was decent. If I had to rate it, it would be a 3/5
By the way, if you are a dependent or active duty in the military, mention that and you will get a discount. Also, leave all your valuables in your trunk including laptops/ipads, games, etc.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back/end tend to get alot of traffic/noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank thriftymomnkids
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are the new management company and are in the process of upgrading the property as well as answering all of the past reviews. I apologize for the issues you experienced at the property. We are implementing new procedures and policies to reduce and eliminate these issues. We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Barry Eagle, Owner

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I hadn't stayed here since 2009, and was a bit disappointed this time around. The hotel is old, but feels clean for the most part...and our bed was clean and comfortable. But, the shower area just felt dingy, the room smelled like an ashtray (non-smoking hotel), and the fridge was subpar. The TV was really old. The housekeepers walked unannounced (no knock, they just used their key!) into our room TWICE in the 3 days we were there....and my memories of the breakfast being good were diminished. Perhaps I have been spoiled by the Hampton Inn breakfasts, but this was really not good. Even the coffee was weak.
Bottom line - every hotel is overpriced in Morehead. This one is close to the AB bridge, making it a pretty convenient location - and that's what you get for the price. But if you can get a good deal at the Hampton or the Holiday Express, and don't mind driving the extra few miles....you will have nicer accomodations.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor near the back of the hotel...much quieter! It's very noisy around the front of the hotel near the pool and lobby area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank max25oliver

Thank you for taking time to write a review! I personally want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I appreciate your comments as it can only help us to improve our services and amenities. Barry Eagle

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The folks at the front desk were awesome. They helped us find good restaurants. The room was very comfortable. We had asked for extra pillows when we made the reservation online. When we got to the room the extra pillows were there and waiting. We gave an average rating for our stay as the bathroom was a bit in rough shape and needs some work. Otherwise we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank DanTheTravelerFromNC

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I look forward to your next visit! Barry Eagle

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very nice, basic, clean location. Great staff. I stay here when I go to dive in the area good location. Thank you.

Room Tip: very nice basic clean location. great staff. I stay here when I go to dive in the area good location. Thank you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I hope to see you in the future! Barry Eagle