“Adequate Hotel for a Short Stay”

Quality Inn Morehead City
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morehead City
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This Quality Inn is an older property that could use rennovation. The rooms are a bit dated and there are signs of wear everywhere, but the rooms and bathrooms are adequately clean and in working order. WiFi was strong in the room we occupied and the HD television did not offer HD channels. This is not the Ritz; however, if you are visiting the area and plan to use the hotel as a place to sleep and shower you cannot beat th price!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank LMDominguez
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I hope to see you again in the near future. Barry Eagle

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night back in May 2011. It is a large hotel but older and not well maintained. The staff were helpful and friendly despite being very busy. The room was okay for the price but the bathroom had seen better days. There's probably better choices.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank kb4003
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for writing a review! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I appreciate your comments as it can only help us to improve our services and amenities. Barry Eagle

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I have stayed several times at this hotel and it is not one of the better hotels around. I had a problem one night with the internet and the hotel clerk was absolutely no assistance. The breakfast is okay but nothing spectacular by any means. One night I checked in and got a smoking room and there was no ashtray. After about 45 minutes another guest gave me an ashtray because the clerk could not locate one. The location is okay and there are restaurants close to the hotel but nothing that great. I started staying at another hotel because the price was about the same and I have a lot more offered to me. I am not fond of staying in hotels that open directly to the outside but still the hotel is very dated although the rooms are okay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for the review! We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. Barry Eagle

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Ok the hotel looks very nice from the outside its on the main strip, and very close to everything. At time of check in the staff was very nice. We were in town for the seafood festival. two family's two rooms both double beds total seven people including kids. I need to say this before I start every hotel and motel in the area was fully booked.We did book this hotel 5 days in advance. but it was not our first choice at all.

1st room (mine) burnt iron stain on the carpet also it was in need of a shampoo, old makeup case sitting at the foot of the bed, dirty mirror had water spots on it and this is the mirror with the dresser, not the bathroom mirror. Hand towel one; what looks like chocolate stains?? hand towel two Blood. I'm not kidding it was blood.Face towels both were dirty and had a mild browning to them as if someone had used them. Bathroom was dirty. I had to clean the toilet and shower myself so my family could use it. And the sheets on the bed look clean, but the top sheet needed to be washed so we just took it off and slept on the sheets.
2nd room (my friends) Bathroom was in a much worse state than ours.What looked like urine stains on the bathroom floor.Shower mat was black in places. Once again dirty hand towels that had something on them not sure what but they were stained. carpet again, But the beds in this room were better. We help them clean their bathroom too.Room had a musty odor Lucky their is a Lowes food in walking distance for cleaning supplies.
Now we told the front desk the state of the rooms they did say they were sorry and they quickly got us new towels. but they had no other rooms for us. They made no attempt to send a maid up. not that it would have made any difference. because the maid staff has no understanding of the word clean.
Do yourself a favor never stay here. This is a motel with a hotel name. the staff was nice. but we didnt need nice we needed results.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank thebeachinbum
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend for one night and I must say it was better than we expected. Very clean. No horrible smells or stained beds like the claims other reviewers have made. I liked having a rectangular table facing the wall vs the classic round table. It was good for using the laptop to find things to do in town. Which brings me to the Wifi. The Wifi works about as well as you'd need it to. Not exactly somthing you'd stream videos on, but enough to get you through the trip I suppose. AC worked very well. No problems with the fridge or microwave. My only beef with the place was that the pillows were small, but they give you enough to make up for it.

What more can you expect from this type of hotel? You get a bed, bathroom, tv, some chairs, and a good nights sleep. The atmosphere doesn't make you feel like you're staying in a dump or anything. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the kind review. We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. I hope to see you in the near future Barry Eagle

Reviewed August 3, 2011

the front desk didnt know how to do their jobs, hotel had exterior entrances and was very sketchy all around, sheets nor towels were soft, room was old, air conditioner noisy, and the worst thing was the HORRIBLE smell in the room when we woke up, it was not bad when we checked in at night but the smell came in the night i guess while we were asleep and as soon as i woke up i started gagging and had to run outside leaving the room door open to air out, baddd hotel

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank fleming245

Thank you for taking time to write a review! I personally want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are now under new management and are working towards achieving the highest care for our customers. Barry Eagle

Reviewed July 15, 2011

My family and I stayed here one night and that was enough. We got checked in very quickly, but the desk clerk has obviously said her speech about all the important information thousands of times because she didn't miss a beat. We went to our room (the first thing I always do is take off the top comforters) and was disgusted with what I saw. The first bed had a huge blood stain on the white comforter, even though it did look as though they washed it, but didn't come out and had stains on the pillows. The second bed had yellow stains all over the white comforter. My husband and I went to the front office and told the desk clerk our findings and she continuously apologized and kept saying that there were stains that they just couldn't get out and they show up on the white. She then gave us another room. This one was better, but we saw a roach crawling behind the bathroom mirror. You would think if you pay $120 a night for a room, it would be clean, stain free, and bug free . . . not the case here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Luv2TeachNC
qimcmgr, Owner at Quality Inn Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

We are the new management company and just took over at the beginning of 2014. I apologize for the experience you encountered. We have implemented new procedures and policies with all phases of the operations. Although this was very tough to read, we do appreciate that you took time to write a review. We will use this as a training tool in our next housekeeping meeting. Barry Eagle, Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Quality Inn Morehead City? Share your experiences!