“New Name - Kitchen Still Pretty Good”
Review of Shepard's Point - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shepard's Point
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ocean to table, fresh local fish featured every night. BBQ cooked low and slow: smoked sea salt Pulled Pork Shoulder, Spare Ribs, Prime Rib and Fried Chicken. Also, Burgers, sandwiches, salads and cocktails. Extensive Kids Menu. Great for large and private parties. Reservations reccommended.
West Hartford, Connecticut
“New Name - Kitchen Still Pretty Good”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

As a couple of other reviewers wrote, this menu is now named Beaufort Grocery Too (Time to update this listing, TA guys!). I didn't notice any decor changes. Our food selections were also found on the old menu - with one exception noted later.
We started with fried pickles. Can't often find them in New England, where we live. My wife had a blackened tuna steak. A nice piece of fish, it was cooked rare, as ordered. I would call it "bronzed" rather than "blackened." The coating could have been more zesty. I had a grouper Oscar special: nice hollandaise sauce, minimal crab with a very nice piece of grouper perfectly cooked. Both entrees were served with very forgettable rice and a house salad (nice selection of mixed greens...but they used to have a very nice goat cheese and chili dressing, which has gone away now).
We shared a bottle of white wine (bottles were 25% off Thurs night). Total tab around $80.
Service was attentive and helpful. The restaurant was pretty busy and just a tad noisy.

• Visited May 2012

Morehead City, NC
“Not the Shepard's Point anymore”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This place is now called Seafood & BBQ....below average food for alot of money. My husband found hair on his potato chips. Our waitress spilled tarter sauce on my mother. It was a Friday night a 6pm and there was only two other tables with people at them. All four of us ran out of our beverages, there is no excuse for that. Advise save your money and go to Beaufort and go to Rolands...they have a similar menu.

Visited April 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent dining experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My colleague and I come to Beaufort once a month on business, and while there are many fine dining places in the area, we enjoy Beaufort Grocery Too as our top place to eat. Whether you are looking for a light dinner, celebratory dinner with all the courses, or just an excellent lunch, they offer it all. Each day there is a special soup, oysters of the day, and the fresh catch. They also have tasty ribs and pulled pork as well as a magnificent prime rib that one diner remarked he "had driven all the way from Florida for this prime rib." While his comment may have been a bit exaggerated, the deliciousness of the prime rib would indeed bring someone from far and wide to enjoy it! Alecia is an incredible waitress, and everyone is friendly and attentive without being obtrusive and interruptive. We always look forward to our next time there and dine there at least twice during our four days of work each month. As I write this, I am already considering what I am going to have on my next visit!

• Visited March 2012
Morehead City, NC
“Beaufort Grocery Too”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Charles Park has renamed this restaurant Beaufort Grocery Too - no change in the great food, service or atmosphere. You still get a great meal at a terrific price under the new name.

Visited December 2011
ForsythCounty, NC
“Lucky night Post-Irene”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

After doing some post-storm clean-up at the family beach house, I was looking to reward myself with a nice meal. I lucked upon Shepard's Point providing a three course meal for $19.99. The hostess and server were attentive and provided very good service. My first course was baked brie and walnuts with fig preserves. The pastry was light, the brie warm and soft, and the fig preserves made there in the restaurant. The Chicken Alfredo w/ prosciutto was well balanced. The bourbon pecan pie topped off a delicious meal, although if the chef served another plate of brie as desert, I would not have complained

• Visited August 2011