“Nice Meal”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Water Views
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great seafood and very consistant quality. My favorates are anything with Grouper or Trigger fish. We were a group of 15 and no problems with service.

1  Thank j2bfisher

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant has one up and one down.

On the upside the food is very good and the portions are just the right size. We ate two times while visiting the area and had local catches both nights. The fish was expertly prepared. The restaurant also has a wide variety of cocktails.

On the downside - we waited two hours (yes) for our food; but it was partially our fault for not having reservations on a Saturday night during peak beach season. So, it's recommended to arrive early if possible with advanced reservations.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our party of ten enjoyed a very good meal at Bistro by the Sea last Wednesday, June 19. During our annual trips to the beach, we have eaten at this restaurant approximately every other summer during the past 14 years. Six of the seven times Buddy was our server, and he never fails to be pleasant, knowledgeable about the menu, and efficient in presenting the meals. Our choices included fresh salads, crab bisque, crab cakes, swordfish, lobster, herb crusted lionfish, filet mignon, and glazed beef tips. The food met or exceeded our expectations, which are based on never having had less than a good dining experience at this establishment run by Libby Eaton and Chef Tim Coyne.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have not been to this restaurant in many years and I didn't remember it being so great. Went this past week and it was GREAT! Even my husband raved about his baked grouper and shrimp in a creamy dill sauce. I had their chicken with almonds and it was also great. The accompanied special mashed potatoes were awesome and the portions were large. The other two couples loved their dinners and we shared two bottles of wine from NC. The wine was inexpensive and surprisingly quite good. Don't remember the name; it was a merlot.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

There was nothing I disliked, except the fact that this place isn't near me in Florida! Great staff, beautiful bay view, and a great menu! Most of the offerings are locally caught which is great for the economy! The preperation & presentation was superb. I had a small cxup of the crab bisque & a herb encrusted grilled triggerfish with a light dusting of a honey dijon sauce along with redskin potatos. When served, the meal also came with hot bread & the dinner was plated without a streak or smear of sauce on the edges (obviously I'm a foodie huh? ) and the taste was excellent! I did not have enough room for desert but all items sounded divine as well. From vanilla creme brulee, to key lime, to chocolate cake with a rich buttercreme icing & more! I will definately eat here again! I found it to be well priced for market fresh items! MOst entrees ranged from $15-$29, again depending on local market pricing for fresh locally caught food!