“Average”

Ranked #32 of 123 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: It is our goal to please every customer who walks through our doors. If you have a complaint please contact one of our managers.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was highly disappointed at the food here. Many people have highly recommended this place, so we gave it a try while my son was playing in a baseball tournament here. The atmosphere is very good. Our seats overlooked the water and that’s about where it ended. The kids were happy with their items from the kid’s menu – grilled cheese and fries, corn dog and fries. My wife and I split a fried seafood platter. Our flounder was like paste, the scallops were burned and the fries were cold. With wait staff running all about the place, my tea glass went empty twice before anyone offered to refill. Maybe it was an off night for them. If I’m ever in the area again, I’m willing to try them again but will order something broiled.

There are newer reviews for Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We ate at the Sanitary in July of 2014. The place is nice inside but only had a 90 on their sanitation grade. The food was not bad, but was not great either. It was however, expensive. The restaurant is on the water front, actually out over the water with a nice view of the harbor. The service was average, not great. It would have been a great place to have dinner if it had been half of the cost.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Waited a long time to be served. Batter was chewy on fish, shrimp, and onion rings. On a good note hush puppies were great!

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Our family has been going to this restaurant since it opened. We still affectionately call it, Tony's. The quality and quantity of food hasn't changed much over the years. Hats off to our waitress who was excellent. I am sorry I didn't get her name but she did have colorful hair. She had a phenomenal memory.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

OK, so crab legs aren't a local product. They can still be hot and well prepared. They are at the Sanitary Fish Market for sure! Our son and family went back there twice for their crab legs. Quite an endorsement! The meat dishes are another matter. Undercooked and with bone slivers in the steak. Service was friendly and prompt even with a big crowd on a rainy evening. Yes, we will be back the next time we are there - for crab!