“Memories made here!!!”

Ranked #37 of 125 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: It is our goal to please every customer who walks through our doors. If you have a complaint please contact one of our managers.
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Our family has been going to this restaurant since it opened. We still affectionately call it, Tony's. The quality and quantity of food hasn't changed much over the years. Hats off to our waitress who was excellent. I am sorry I didn't get her name but she did have colorful hair. She had a phenomenal memory.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

OK, so crab legs aren't a local product. They can still be hot and well prepared. They are at the Sanitary Fish Market for sure! Our son and family went back there twice for their crab legs. Quite an endorsement! The meat dishes are another matter. Undercooked and with bone slivers in the steak. Service was friendly and prompt even with a big crowd on a rainy evening. Yes, we will be back the next time we are there - for crab!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Had the fried shrimp, tasted of iodine, not very good. The presence of "popcorn shrimp" on the menu makes me think it is from somewhere on the other side of the world, not local. Service was fine & view is good. Overpriced.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I were treated to lunch at The Sanitary when visiting my folks in North Carolina. Upon first glance, I figured a restaurant that's been in business this long couldn't be bad, but I was wrong. I ordered the fried flounder and shrimp, my husband had a seafood linguini. Both were bland and unappealing to the eye. My flounder was so overlooked it was like fish jerky! I had to douse it with lemon to get it down. My mother's catfish was greasy and the bean side dish was nothing more than canned green beans with stewed tomatoes. Overall, poorly prepared food. To boot, we were seated and left for 15 minutes before we had to ask if the waitstaff knew we were their. Tuns out, they'd forgotten us! Hours after eating, I became sick. I'm sure it was due to the fish.

The only saving grace was that we didn't pay for our meal, my folks did! I do not recommend this as a reputable fish market/local restaurant.

1  Thank Michele C
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We make Sanitary a yearly pilgrimage. The service is usually really good, and the food is above average. Last year it was a little too greasy. This year it was great.