“Average fried seafood”

Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 122 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It is our goal to please every customer who walks through our doors. If you have a complaint please contact one of our managers.
Peoria, Illinois
“Average fried seafood”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I tried this restaurant after moving here and haven't been back. It's a very popular spot and many people enjoy dining here. My husband and I just felt the menu was heavy on the fried food. Here on the coast, I see no reason to ruin fish by frying it.

• Visited May 2013

Morehead City, North Carolina
“It's OK”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The name is the attraction as is the view. This restaurant has been in business for many, many years. It is often quite crowded and noisy. I can say that my fish meals have been good but less than spectacular.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank gthayer
Morehead City, North Carolina
“Great place to see the sunset.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Loads of history at this restaurant. The deck is a favorite to watch the sunset. All the fried seafood is good. Service is down home and very pleasant.

• Visited March 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“I understand this is a landmark, but....”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have been here many times through the decades, but it is not what it used to be. It seems like this place has gone downhill, and with so many quality establishments in the area it is a shame. I ordered a very simple fried combo and it was on par with any place you can get seafood anywhere. Now I enjoy eating on the water about as much as I enjoy breathing, but the views did not make up for the quality (and price) of the food. In my opinion they really need to refresh their food and atmosphere before it is too late and this icon has faded.

• Visited August 2013
Lillington, North Carolina
“good casual family place”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place is an old style fish house that's been around for a long time. I overheard one waitress saying her grandparents used to bring her there, then her mom worked there and now she does. It's THAT kind of generational place. If you're looking for fancy, this is not for you.
Unlike the old days, the restaurant has added a full-service bar.
Like the old days the food is good and a decent amount for your money. Every table has a water-view.
Our server was spot-on.
I'm not one of the faithful who's been going there for generations. I used to go to the place down the street that is no longer any good. But I'll definitely be returning to Sanitary Fish Market and bringing my kids and grandkids.

• Visited April 2014