“Don't Waste Your Time or Money!”

Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 123 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: It is our goal to please every customer who walks through our doors. If you have a complaint please contact one of our managers.
Greenville, NC
“Don't Waste Your Time or Money!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have lived in eastern NC for 58 years and going to the Sanitary (Tony's) Restaurant was a tradition my Grandmother started way back when but something has gone terribly, terribly wrong. It was the worst seafood I have ever attempted to eat. I wanted to order a soft shell crab dinner with a side of shrimp. Was told by the waitress they did not sell it like that and that if I wanted a side of shrimp, I would need to order a shrimp cocktail or get a senior’s shrimp dinner. What???? I asked how many crabs came on the dinner and was told three. The waitress brought out the shrimp cocktail that smelled very fishy. The lettuce was fresh but the shrimp were old. I didn’t eat it. Thirty minutes later, she shows up with a single (cold) fried crab and tells me that she was mistaken about the crab dinner. I got up, paid for my tea and left. Save your money and go to the Fish Hooks Café in Belhaven, NC. The seafood is ultra-fresh and you won't need to sell a kidney to pay for it.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Tired_of_Rip_Offs

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Awe some”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

For the best seafood in all of Moorehead and Atlantic Beach , NC go here . Great service and have going been here for over 15 years . The food is excellent , you won't be disappointed . Bring my wife here for every anniversary ,besides other times since living in NC .

Visited October 2013
Apex, North Carolina
“The Last Lunch ”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited during lunch with my wife and grandchildren. Have dined at Sanitary at least half a dozen times over the past thirty years, but this will be my last visit. First, the corn bread was over cooked and when I pointed it out to our server, I was told that was how they all were. Nevertheless, the server offered to bring a freshly cooked batch. I could tell no difference in the taste. We also ate oysters, shrimp, and flounder, all of which I sampled. The flavor and quantity were at best marginal and well below that of comparable menu items eaten there in the past. The place is very clean and the view is great, but neither of those things compensate for the substandard food.

1 Thank theconehead
Orange Park, Florida
“As Good As I Remember”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This has been a favorite of ours for over 40 years. And our return did not disappoint. The steamed shrimp were massive, tender and tasty, and the 75th anniversary nostalgia has items from the past. Boiled shrimp in butter was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. And the corn meal-based hush puppies were crunchy and delicious.

• Visited November 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Go elsewhere”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

First, we were told that the kitchen could not combine fried seafood with broiled seafood on the combination platter. So much for being accommodating to your guests, especially since the restaurant was almost empty. Salad consisted of a small bowl of some iceberg remnants with flavorless dressing. The biggest surprise was the terrible seafood. The seafood used here is NOT fresh but frozen food. This is the kind of food you get in a seafood restaurant hours away from the coast, not right on the Crystal Coast! The fried shrimp was soggy and mushy. Yes, the view is pretty! But the prices are way too high for seafood that is not fresh!! Stay away, far, far away!

• Visited November 2013