“Good Nostalgia....mediocre food.”

Ranked #38 of 123 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: It is our goal to please every customer who walks through our doors. If you have a complaint please contact one of our managers.
Danbury, North Carolina
“Good Nostalgia....mediocre food.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The pictures on the inside are neat to view....the food was just okay. The wait staff was pleasant and attentive. The menu is decent. Worth a try just for the nostalgia of the area.

• Visited April 2013
Jeff G, Manager at Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your contribution. We take our business seriously and are always working towards excellence. We have an ongoing food creation team which constantly come up with new ideas. Maybe next time you will experience some of our new creations such as Shrimp and Grits the Sanitary Fish Market way!

Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“Major Disappointment!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had always been sort of put off by the name. (Made us think of hospital cafeterias!) two recent visits proved that our reluctance to try this well-known restaurant were right on the mark. The service, though friendly and personable, was grossly inefficient. Wrong wine, wrong entree, slow to bring the check. The food was very disappointing as well. Crab corn chowder was filled with what looked like a week's worth of pot scrapings and had a pool of grease floating on the surface. The crab cake entree (which was supposed to be a soft shell crab) was a small, over cooked, heavily breaded "hockey puck." Two pasta dishes were run of the mill, supermarket quality. The view is lovely - right on the water, but that in no way makes up for the other faults of what was at one time a well regarded restaurant. Adding insult to injury, the bill for four people was over $100! Never again!

1 Thank Faith D
I am sincerely sorry for your recent experience in the Sanitary Restaurant. Please give us an opportunity to make it up to you. Upon your next visit present your receipt and identify yourself and I will take care of this situation.

stedman nc
“Nice scenic view”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our waitress was really great. My children have food allergies and she was very helpful in finding things they could eat. My oldest had the shrimp basket and my youngest was fixed grilled shrimp with a salad. I really appreciate the time that was taken to make sure they had a safe meal. My husband had blue fish, which he said was good and I ate a crab cake (not much of a seafood girl) and it was good. Definetely a restaurant for the great seafood lovers out there.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank creekside94
Jeff G, Manager at Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We would like to take the time to say thanks to you for your interest in our success. Your comments help keep our morale up as we work hard to please everyone who enters our front doors!
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place after it was recommended by a friend. The food was pretty good. I ordered the three fried seafood combo. Everything had a good taste. The scallops were not as hot as I would of liked them to be. I hate bones in my fish but the flounder had a few bones in it. The portion size was enough but it could of been more for the price (around 20 a plate). The best thin about the restaurant was the beautiful sunset on the water and the waitress was excellent as well.

• Visited April 2013
We are glad you enjoyed the sunset and for the most part enjoyed your meal. I am sorry your scallops were not hot and if this ever occurs we are glad to exchange them for hot ones without hesitation. I am sorry a manager was not aware. We strive to interact with every customer at their table but in this case I guess we let you down.

King,NC
“Waste of money”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I would have given a zero if that was an option. My baked potato was cold and the replacement not much better. The slaw tasted manufactured--not freshly made. The spot were overcooked. I have nothing positive to say about my experience. Definitely won't be going back ever!

1 Thank NanaBuddha
I am sorry you had such an experience. If I had such an experience I would be mad too. I am interested in showing you what you should have experienced if you give me a chance. I would wait on you myself and would also work out payment. Just present your receipt if you will give us a chance.

Thanks