“Family like atmosphere.”

Captain Bill's Waterfront Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Capt. Bill's is the oldest restaurant in Carteret County. It was established in 1938. Everything that we serve is still made from scratch including our Cocktail Sauce, Tatar Sauce, Hushpuppies, Slaw, Bleu Cheese Dressing, Ranch Dressing, Thousand Island Dressing, Desserts, Chowders, Casseroles, etc. We seat 400 guests in our Dining Room, 86 guests in our Banquet Room, and 40 guests on our back deck. We have a private banquet room that overlooks our back deck which has a marble fireplace, chandeliers and sconces on rheostats, carpet, and chair rail. Here we use table linens, china, and goblets. We cater both on and off premises providing a separate catering menu for your event needs. Visit our Facebook page to view over 300 pictures of some of our caterings.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stopped in to eat dinner the last time we were in Morehead City. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and ok prices, good food. Only thing, you could get a little more food for your money.

There are newer reviews for Captain Bill's Waterfront Restaurant

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We are from the northern coastline of North Carolina and we love good seafood. This restaurant was very disappointing. If I didn't have my whole family there, I would had turned right around. Limited menu, expensive dinner choices(which doesn't bother me if its worth it), small amount of food, not fresh seafood in July, and clueless staff. I really give everyone a chance but this was terrible all around. I wanted to let people know before they spend a lot of money for nothing.

3  Thank MomlovesLA
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Waited for over an hour for our food. Once it arrived, it was not hot. Got the all you can eat shrimp and trout. The fish tasted hoorible, the shrimp was so small it was 90% batter. Told the waiter i wanred some real shrimp, he said this was popcorn shrimp! Really! Ive eat shrimp all my life, i know what shrimp is. We got so aggravated we left to go and pay at the front. I told the cashier i refused to pay more than 20$ for this dog food. She tried to argue, but reluctingly agreed. I said that i would take my family to hardees to get them some food. She said " thats a poor choice". I replied, " it wont be an any poorer choice than coming here". Do not waste your time or money here!

1  Thank 160sassyfrass
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Unfortunately, we ended up at Bill's as a third choice. The first two restaurants we tried had hour long waits which is understandable for July 4th weekend. However, I am married to a very impatient man so we ended up at Bill's because we could be seated right away - ding, ding, ding - warning bells ringing loud and clear!! We asked to sit outside. The view was beautiful, but the bus boys took way too long to clean the table next to ours and there were at least 20 seagulls swarming and diving for their leftovers. Our waiter was very "scattered" -at best- and took forever just to get our drinks. When we finally got our drinks and ordered, we had to ask multiple times for hushpuppies. Finally, hushpuppies arrive. Then the wait began........after 45 minutes we asked to speak to the manager. This grumpy 60ish lady came out and offered no apologies, only excuses. She said this was their busiest day of the summer.......seriously???? There was no wait to be seated and there were plenty of empty tables inside. So, our food finally comes and it was gross. The shrimp were rejects from other seafood restaurants!! Tiny little shrimp - fried, cold, and greasy. The trout-same. My fries were left off my plate and they took another 10 minutes to come out. We left disappointed and still hungry. Before we left we asked to speak to another manager and we were told he's too busy to talk to you.

It's really kinda sad that a restaurant that has been on the Morehead waterfront for years has come to this. I'm sure the original Capt.Bill would roll over in his grave if he knew the debacle his restaurant has become. The place needs to close down and stop embarrassing his name. Someone should buy out the place, fire every employee, completely remodel, and start over - and serve fresh North Carolina seafood!!!

Never again!!! I would rather go to McDonald's!!!

1  Thank SassyfrassGirl
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Big rock blue marlin week. This restaurant should be overflowing! Instead there are only 3 tables of customers. We decide to eat here because how bad can anyone mess up fish? We found out quickly. Worst fish I've ever tasted!! I asked what they put in their batter. Answer-Greek seasoning. Nasty! I asked had they seen all the bad reviews. The manager says the reviews are posted by disgruntled employees. I am NOT an employee! The prices are inflated and there is a significant "up charge" for a salad or a baked potato. A local sitting on the dock outside says that 8 years ago the place was jam packed with a long line out the door. "Bill" may want to quickly change his business plan or this will be the end of a 75 year run!!

3  Thank Abeusse