We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Morehead City because we were attending a family event in Beaufort and it was the only place we could find nearby that allowed dogs. The dog fee is $35 per night, which is expensive, but we were only staying one night and needed a dog-friendly hotel near Beaufort. We were pleasantly surprised to find a nice neighborhood for walking our dog just a short walk from the hotel. (If you look at google maps or google earth, you'll see that the Holiday Inn Express is not far from a large body of water which must be some sound. Following Blair Street to Bryan Street to Holly Lane is a very nice walk in a quiet residential neighborhood.)
We will likely stay there again but probably not for an extended stay. Dogs are allowed in some first floor rooms, and you can hear dogs barking when you walk down the hallway, but we didn't hear any barking when we were in our room. The staff was nice and friendly and helpful. The breakfast was average to above average for a free hotel breakfast. My only complaint is that $35 per night for a dog fee is ridiculous -- the average dog doesn't require an additional $35 per day in cleaning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Morehead City, NC, welcomes all travelers near and far. For business or leisure, we are a premier, family friendly, business minded hotel. Our Morehead City, NC hotel has small town charm in close proximity to the Crystal Coast. Attractions: Ocracoke Island, Cedar Island, Outer Banks, Ocean, Indian Beach, Harkers Island, sports fishing, golfing, Croatan National Forest, Cape Lookout Light House, Maritime Museum, Fort Macon, Midnight Rodeo, Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium, OBX fishing, Charter Fishing, Crystal Coast Atlantic Jamboree, Olympus Diving, and the Big Rock Fishing Tournament. Nearby cities: Morehead City, Swansboro, NC, Beaufort, Havelock, Ocracoke, Cedar Island, NC, Carteret County, Crystal Coast, Emerald Isle, Pine Knoll ,NC, Salter Path NC, and Harkers Island. Local businesses: Henrys, Farm Bureau, IFH, Lowes, Wal-Mart, Progress Energy, Vertex Aerospace, Big Rock Sports, Carteret General Hospital, Deli Express, Corporate Lodging, 70 West Marina, and Morehead Marine-Grady White Dealer. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Morehead City invites you to enjoy windsurfing, skiing, surfing, swimming, fishing, dolphin watching, sun, fun, food and Crystal Coast hospitality. Don t forget, we are a pet friendly hotel with easy access to the outdoor areas without disturbing our non pet guests, but are limited to the number available. $25 pet fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Morehead City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Morehead City Hotel Morehead City
- Holiday Inn Morehead City
- Morehead City Holiday Inn