“Clean, comfortable, safe, and dog-friendly, with a nice area for walking dogs nearby.”

Holiday Inn Express Morehead City
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morehead City
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Morehead City because we were attending a family event in Beaufort and it was the only place we could find nearby that allowed dogs. The dog fee is $35 per night, which is expensive, but we were only staying one night and needed a dog-friendly hotel near Beaufort. We were pleasantly surprised to find a nice neighborhood for walking our dog just a short walk from the hotel. (If you look at google maps or google earth, you'll see that the Holiday Inn Express is not far from a large body of water which must be some sound. Following Blair Street to Bryan Street to Holly Lane is a very nice walk in a quiet residential neighborhood.)

We will likely stay there again but probably not for an extended stay. Dogs are allowed in some first floor rooms, and you can hear dogs barking when you walk down the hallway, but we didn't hear any barking when we were in our room. The staff was nice and friendly and helpful. The breakfast was average to above average for a free hotel breakfast. My only complaint is that $35 per night for a dog fee is ridiculous -- the average dog doesn't require an additional $35 per day in cleaning.

Room Tip: If you are not traveling with a dog, I would recommend the second floor and higher. We didn't h...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work and I have stayed here in the past. However,it has gone downhill in the last few years. Hall carpets were dirty and looked as if not vacuumed recently. Beds are worn and pets are accepted. I don't like to trash anyone and I do know that this is a beach town with limited competition for rooms but I will try to find another hotel next time or stay in the newer Holiday Inn in the town 15miles west of here. I believe the name of the town is Havelock NC.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Just spent several nights here. The hotel is fine, rates 139-172 per night and the Wi-Fi reliable. Always a solid option when I travel on business or pleasure

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tigershark6
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

It's good place to sleep I stay on 6-14-12 the onlY problem for me is the parking lote because I drive big trucks but have excellent breakfast

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The wife and I stayed here for 4 days. The front desk staff were nice and helpful. The room was adequate and clean...no frills, butit was clean. I noticed some reviews reported bugs...I didn't see any. The bathroom was clean, linens clean, bed comfortable. The carpet could have used some work (as in needing to be replaced) but it wasn't bad enough to where I asked for another room. Also, I did notice a musty smell...but hey, it's the beach...you kind of expect that here...it's humid all the time. This place is pet friendly, with a 35 dollar one time pet fee if you have pets. It is convenient to the beach ( 5 minutes away) and convenient to shops and restaurants. For the money, it's not a bad deal. I would come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We made reservations for six (6) nights through Travel One to stay at the Holiday Inn in Morehead City to attend my sister's funeral service. Due to the long stay, more than ever we
needed a bathroom with a typically large counter top with a shelf underneath. Instead we were
placed in the handicap room with a very small counter and no shelf and a handicap bath bench
in the tub. The night before arriving to Morehead we stayed at a Hampton Inn in Ga. that had
a WOW factor in everyway. Our impression of the Holiday Inn in Morehead was, "you have got to be kidding". We seriously considered booking with another facility, but were concerned about
getting our money back. We realize that summer rates are always higher, but we found it very
difficult to pay so much more for a room we were not happy with. The hallway at the backdoor and our room smelled bad, the lighting was dim, the shower head leaked and we found roaches in the room. Also, with the way the room was arranged, the hallway door continuously bumped into the bathroom door unless you closed the bathroom door each time.
What we enjoyed the most was the continental breakfast. Everything was always fresh with a very good variety to choose from.

Room Tip: Also check out the assigned room before bringing in your luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear Ray S,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We certainly strive to provide fresh and good variety for our breakfast selection and I'm delighted you enjoyed it. It is disappointing to hear our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I'm truly sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I knew I'd be in for a long night when I entered in the early afternoon and was told to "hold on a minute" from someone in the back. I got checked in and immediately noticed how warm and uncomfortable it was in the hallways. Then when I walked into my room, I noticed that mildew type smell that permeated the room. Then when I went to the bathroom, I noticed some brown liquid spots on the front of the toilet. Absolutely disgusting to have to walk into that.

After getting over the fact that I felt dirty just by being in the room, I noticed that the fridge/microwave was archaic and definitely in need of an upgrade. Fortunately, the bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked. Had I been on vacation, I would have been much more disappointed with the quality of the room. If I had the chance, I'd go to the Hampton Inn..I remember my experience being much better there. Or better yet, if you're willing to drive a bit, go stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Havelock. I'm almost sure it would be better than this one.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morehead City, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear NirvanaCrono,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. However, I'm very sorry that you were disappointed with your room accommodations. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We all hope to have the honor of hosting you again on a future visit. Again, thank you for your comments.

Karen C

Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
#3 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Morehead City? Share your experiences!