I knew I'd be in for a long night when I entered in the early afternoon and was told to "hold on a minute" from someone in the back. I got checked in and immediately noticed how warm and uncomfortable it was in the hallways. Then when I walked into my room, I noticed that mildew type smell that permeated the room. Then when I went to the bathroom, I noticed some brown liquid spots on the front of the toilet. Absolutely disgusting to have to walk into that.
After getting over the fact that I felt dirty just by being in the room, I noticed that the fridge/microwave was archaic and definitely in need of an upgrade. Fortunately, the bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked. Had I been on vacation, I would have been much more disappointed with the quality of the room. If I had the chance, I'd go to the Hampton Inn..I remember my experience being much better there. Or better yet, if you're willing to drive a bit, go stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Havelock. I'm almost sure it would be better than this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Morehead City, NC, welcomes all travelers near and far. For business or leisure, we are a premier, family friendly, business minded hotel. Our Morehead City, NC hotel has small town charm in close proximity to the Crystal Coast. Attractions: Ocracoke Island, Cedar Island, Outer Banks, Ocean, Indian Beach, Harkers Island, sports fishing, golfing, Croatan National Forest, Cape Lookout Light House, Maritime Museum, Fort Macon, Midnight Rodeo, Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium, OBX fishing, Charter Fishing, Crystal Coast Atlantic Jamboree, Olympus Diving, and the Big Rock Fishing Tournament. Nearby cities: Morehead City, Swansboro, NC, Beaufort, Havelock, Ocracoke, Cedar Island, NC, Carteret County, Crystal Coast, Emerald Isle, Pine Knoll ,NC, Salter Path NC, and Harkers Island. Local businesses: Henrys, Farm Bureau, IFH, Lowes, Wal-Mart, Progress Energy, Vertex Aerospace, Big Rock Sports, Carteret General Hospital, Deli Express, Corporate Lodging, 70 West Marina, and Morehead Marine-Grady White Dealer. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Morehead City invites you to enjoy windsurfing, skiing, surfing, swimming, fishing, dolphin watching, sun, fun, food and Crystal Coast hospitality. Don t forget, we are a pet friendly hotel with easy access to the outdoor areas without disturbing our non pet guests, but are limited to the number available. $25 pet fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Morehead City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Morehead City Hotel Morehead City
- Holiday Inn Morehead City
- Morehead City Holiday Inn