“Disappointed”

Ranked #10 of 123 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The atmosphere at Floyds is half the dining experience. Housed in one of Morehead City's finest historic homes, Floyds offers intimate dining for two up to private rooms for small dinners or lunches. You can meet many of Floyds regulars at the bar where you can enjoy a mixed drink, cold beer, or some of the finest wines offered on the Crystal Coast.Planning a wedding or coporate event? Let Floyd's satisfy your guests with a distinctive and mouth-watering catering menu. Their professional staff will work with you to customize a menu for any occasion.Just in Time for Summer: Our Fabulous New Patio is Now Open!Come join us on our new outdoor patio for drinks or dinner while you listen to live music. Enjoy the season's games on our TV while eating some of Floyd's savory wings at the bar or at the fire pits. Whether its a bucket of beer or a specialty Martini by Jon Besch, no reservations are required. Just stop by, relax, and enjoy the outdoors at Floyds.Patio Hours: Tuesday through Friday, 3 PM to close.Saturday and Sunday: noon to close.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went to Floyd's 1921 on Friday, 10/11, for dinner & was sadly disappointed. We arrived for our 7pm reservation & were promptly taken to our table, however, it was located right next to the busy kitchen entrance. And, to make matters worse, there was a vent under our table blowing cold air. Bummed at the circumstances, my husband asked if we could be moved to another table, but unfortunately, there wasn't one. Explaining to the server that it was our 20th anniversary (which I had told the lady over the phone when I made the reservation), I will say they were nice about figuring out an alternative. After several minutes, the owner/manager (not sure which) was kind enough to apologize for the seating situation & told us we would be taken to a private room upstairs. He said it would be quiet & romantic & we'd have it all to ourselves.

Our waiter, Will, was very nice & knowledgable of the menu. We started with their Tomato Crab Bisque soup which was a big let down. If there was crab in it, I didn't taste nor see any. My husband went with the salmon & scallops over angel hair pasta & was very pleased. I chose the shrimp & grits & while the shrimp were cooked to perfection, I felt as though it contained too many red peppers for my liking. Overall, a very good dish, however.

So, I'd say the food at Floyd's 1921 is very good. Will was a good server, but being upstairs we often felt forgotten. It wasn't romantic or quaint as the lights weren't dimmed & our view was basically a parking lot. I'd say something is lost in the dining experience when you're not alongside other folks.

I will say Floyd's has a lovely patio out front complete with a fire pit that would be a nice place to hang out & have drinks. The atmosphere inside the restaurant seemed cozy; we just didn't get to enjoy it. Would I go there again? Probably not. There's too many other great options in the MHC-Beaufort-Atlantic Beach area.

There are newer reviews for Floyd's 1921 Restaurant

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Excellent service with plenty of food for the price which we thought was excellent. Some places have a better view, but few places in the area have equal food. They have recently added a new area outside where their front parking lot used to be; yet, they still have excellent close by parking. Our long-time employed server did a wonderful job and the menu is very broad.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The food at Floyd's was excellent. The atmosphere is also wonderful. We listened to music outdoors by a fire and then ate inside. The waitress said that our bread would be ready very soon to go with our salads. Two different people came by to see if we need anything,so we asked for bread each time. We never did get any bread,with our meal. The service was fair,but the food was so wonderful that I would go back and would also recommend this restaurant to others. I am writing the review so that hopefully someone from the restaurant will read it and make improvements.

1  Thank Christy J
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Superb restaurant with excellent food. The outdoor bar/patio is a new edition that just simply makes the place. Food, wait staff and atmosphere is awesome. Plates are huge so bring a big appetite. Meatloaf highly recommended.

1  Thank wguthrie002
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Great little restaurant. We had the blue cheese grits and fried oysters for appetizer and the twisted Cuban sandwich and high cotton crab cakes. The crab cakes were excellent. Light onthe bread and lots of crab . It came on a bed of creamed spinach which was a great compliment to the dish. Very friendly and attentive staff. Sat outside on the lovely brick patio. Was excellent food and atmosphere.

1  Thank pearlsofthesun