“Huge scallops”

Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar
Ranked #13 of 125 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: At Snapperz we serve local seafood in season from oysters, clams, shrimp, fish and more. We also serve Certified Angus steaks and burgers, try out the "Burger Bar" and pile your burger high with all the fixins of your choice. We carry a great selection of soups, salads, appetizers and sandwiches and also a gluten free menu and steam pots. We have a separate Boat Bar where we have the live music in the summer months and the NFL Ticket along with ESPN's Gameplan in the off season with a full menu available. Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar is located at 3710 Arendell street in Morehead City, NC.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Came in lastnight craving scallops and they were perfect. My plate came out with ten huge sea scallops fried gold brown and delicious. My dinner also included two sides one of which way a freshly made salad and the other a sweet ear of corn on the cob. My husband ordered a peck of raw oysters that the server shucked right at our table. overall great place and great service.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Not wanting a chain restaurant....and being right at the coast, we opted for a seafood dinner. This place had it all. VERY favorable prices, very tasty food, cooked perfectly, and a great , relaxing casual atmosphere. I had sauteed scallops, which can be so easy to ruin, they were perfect. My husband had that night's special prime rib ( did I say WE opted for seafood?....the prime rib was too tempting for him... and he loved it). But what was REALLY exceptional was the friendliness of the ENTIRE staff! We were greeted by ALL of the folks out on the floor and we were thanked by ALL of them for coming when we left!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

there are many reasonable items on the menu, some of the more gourmet items are higher priced. and they have specials going. It was expectedly busy on a Saturday night, but since we were hungry, we ate at the bar - comfortable seats, wonderful steamed clams, and fish tacos specials - with beer. Although the staff was super busy, they were fun and accommodating.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Super cute atmosphere, obviously a lot of thought went into the design and layout. We went as a family outing, the kids hotdog plates were reasonably priced @ $4. The main dishes were a bit more than we expected to pay, but pretty good. My husband got the shrimp and grits which were wonderful. I ordered the fried scallops & was rather disappointed. I love scallops, but whoever had prepped the scallops forgot to rinse them, & they were incredibly sandy. As in I couldn't take a bite without crunching into sand. Hindsight, I should have sent them back as it was a $20 plate especially since the coleslaw was not to my liking either. Overall my husbands plate & the atmosphere is the only thing saving my review from being a "poor." If I went back I'd try a sandwich, or a steamed pot instead.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were there 12/12/12 for lunch. We had never been there before but my wife was hungry for a salad. A number of years before we ate there before Snapperz and it was just concrete floors and a couple of tables. What a suprise. It is really interesting inside and they have a lot of booths which is nice. The food was good. My wife got her salad with oysters and I had the lunch special which was soup or salad and a sandwich.