“Olympus is my dive shop of choice”

Olympus Dive Center
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Olympus is my dive shop of choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Olympus is a full service dive center. My son and grandson both got certified there and now I am going through tec training working on my tri-mix course. The boats, all three of them, are awesome and in fantastic condition, the staff is knowledgeable and the instructor cadre is nothing short of awesome.

The diving off-shore North Carolina is also a large part of the attraction, There are endless wrecks from the past 250 years as well as some artificial reef wrecks that still look like ships. The water is warm most of the year and the visibility is often over 100 feet though depending on the weather this is not always the case.

Visited November 2011

Kinston, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

very knowlegable, all the supplies one would need to go diving

Visited September 2011
1 Thank margaret j
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Quality Dive Shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Very organized and quality business. Your safety is their first concern. They go above and beyond to ensure a quality and safe dive.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Bonnie S
Warner Robins, Georgia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Very good dive shop, friendly people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

We had booked both the morning 2-tank and the afternoon 1-tank charters for Aug 12-13. The didn't exactly cooperate though so we only got to do the 2 morning charters. I was a bit disappointed because we only saw one shark and we didn't get to go to the dive sites we wanted. Again, it wasn't the shop's fault, the weather just wouldn't cooperate. The people in the dive shop were great. They did an awesome job of processing the refunds and soothing ruffled feathers of the many disappointed divers. The boat we were on was the Olympus. It was spacious and had both an indoor air conditioned area with microwave, table and benches and a top deck with oversize bean bag chairs to relax in. The crew did an excellent job of instructing, dive briefing and assistance. I have a bad knee and once I was done with my dive they helped me get my gear off and back to my seat. The only thing I didn't care for was that you had to load and unload your tanks. I've never had to do that at any other dive shop. I guess it's not a big deal but I guess I've just been spoiled. Other than that it is a top notch operation. I look forward to diving with them again!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank DixieDiveChick
philadelphia, pa
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Truely a better way to dive NC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Came to Olympus Dive Center with a group from my local shop, and spent three days going out on the "Midnight Express." I found ODC's boarding process to be very efficent, the staff in the shop and on the boat (Mike, John and John) were all friendly and willing to lend a hand as required or asked. Personnel accounting systems were great to not loose track of anyone, and the dives were specacular. Would dive with these guys in a heartbeat.

Visited July 2011