“Magnificence in Morehead”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Evans
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This building from the 1920s has been renovated into a lovely restaurant. One of those great ambience, great food, great staff places with reasonably priced, yummy food. We could have sat outside on the Monday night that we were there, but a storm was brewing so we took the window seats. My husband had a wonderfully prepared Wahoo and I had Shrimp and Grits - not the usual fare for this North-easterner! Quite filling and delicious! Would definitely come back to this landmark restaurant.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Great oyster sample from eastern seaboard. We had shrimp and pimento grits with roated peppers and grass fed ribeye with port reduction with collards and mashed pots. Absolutely awesome quality. Ask for Stewart as he is very attentive and knows the menu. Def will be going back!

2  Thank Vanessa-NC
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Arrived in town well after 9pm in off season, dismayed to find only a few decent restaurants open. Found this place and hoped for the best. Owner/chef welcomed us in and asked his kitchen staff to wait for our order. We sat at the bar, enjoyed the friendly staff and had a wonderfully prepared meal. Will definately go back! PS -majority of menu items are naturally gluten free, my wife was thrilled to have such a great selection of options!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I found this wonderful restaurant on tripadvisor and I am SO happy I did! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here Saturday night of Labor Day weekend. It was our first trip to Morehead City but it will not be our last and we will make a point to eat at Chef's 105 each time we are in town! My husband had the filet with lobster risotto and I had the crab cakes. It really was one of the best dinners we have had since moving to North Carolina 2 years ago. Our 6 year old daughter had the (homemade!) pasta with butter and parmesan cheese sauce and declared it the best pasta she had ever had! Overall, it was a wonderful experience. We enjoyed a $50 bottle of wine which was excellent plus before dinner cocktails...I did not particularly care for my cocktail and the waitress immediately offered to have the charge removed when she noticed I was not drinking it...the service was efficient and friendly and it was a very busy Saturday night. Maybe we were just super full from our delicious meal but we were not blown away by either of our desserts (cheesecake and a peach zeppole) They were fine but did not measure up to our fantastic dinner! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Visiting on vacation, my family pcked some rather poor restaurants previously, but ate here on a Monday night. Walking in without a reservation at about 7 p.m., we were seated right away. Based on the previous few nights in town, we weren't expecting much. Even after reading TA reviews (and especially after looking at the pictures of the exterior, which don't begin to do the place justice), we were moderating our expectations. What a gem, though!

With several picky family members present, we were all able to find something we greatly enjoyed. I had the tilefish / mixed seafood (?gumbo?) special, which was excellent. Other things we enjoyed: gazpacho, some sort of a crab/lobster-fried-wonton, farro (a grain-based dished offered as a 'salad,' but easily hearty enough for a dinner), and a few other ish dishes.

Unlike most other restaurants we've seen in town, the decor was really nice - the dining room has the look of an ultra-fixed up boathouse (but I don't think it ever was - I think it was simply built to look like it does). Very attractive.

My wife and mother in law each had a cucumber-based cocktail that they greatly enjoyed.

The waitstaff was extremely attentive and helpful, and service was prompt and crisp.

If you're looking for an "upscale" place for dinner in the area, Chef's 105 is well worth considering (it's the only 'upscale' restaurant we've found locally).

We greatly enjoyed our visit, and even thought about visiting again the next evening. Thanks 105!

1  Thank kristyne867