“perfect for oyster lovers”

Sammy's Seafood House & Oyster Bar
Ranked #13 of 123 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sammy's Seafood House & Oyster Bar (formerly Sammy's Ice House)is one of the newest additions to the Morehead City Waterfront. We pride ourselves in our fresh, locally caught seafood and true southern hospitality. Join us in fall and winter for our Oyster Bar ... we shuck'em and you eat'em!!
“perfect for oyster lovers”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went to Sammy's on all you can eat oyster night and had our fill of food and fun. After an initial snafu by the kitchen and server delayed us getting started, we had 2 shuckers plowing through the pecks. Ask for "Don", that guy can shuck some oysters. Others in our group had the flounder and gave it a thumbs up, cooked perfectly. I don't doubt that folks are having some service issues. It seemed to be a little out of control from my observation, but if you are relaxed and have time to kick back, Sammy's is a fun place to go

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Angeldawg

Beaufort, North Carolina, United States
“Terrible service, over-priced, small servings”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My in-laws were in town for a visit & wanted to try something other than our usual Ruddy Duck's for dinner. We decided to give Sammy's a shot. We were greeted upon walking into the empty, dimly lit restaurant & seated right away. So, it started out okay. After being seated for about 5 minutes, our server came to take our drink orders. 10 minutes later she informs us that they're our of ice & someone has been sent to get some. Another 5 minutes go by & we are finally served our drinks, we ordered our food & waited 30-45 minutes for that. Upon being served my 5 shrimp at the cost of $16.75, I have to say I was deeply disappointed. The food was below average & way over priced. Not only did we over pay for poor quality food, we weren't even given enough to get full. We went to Dairy Queen afterwards to fill up. That was a much better value & quality.

I will never recommend this restaurant to any of my customers & will warn them against it if I hear them mention it. Absolute waste of money, you will never find a local here & I know why.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Kaitlyn L
“Great food on the waterfront.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Really enjoyed Sammy's. Great food and atmosphere on the waterfront. The oysters were outstanding. I will go back the next time I am in the area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank itravelnc
OrientalNC
“Save your money”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were at the NC Seafood Festival and decided to eat at Sammy's rather than stand in the hot the sun. We both ordered fried flounder from the lunch specials menu. It was so dried out, it was basically inedible. Worst flounder I have ever had. The presentation was interesting as the flounder was scored so that blocks of the fish about 1 1/2 by 1/2 inch were exposed to the batter and frying. While the batter was very thin, the fish was terribly over done.

• Visited October 2013
MN
“A Good lunch restaurant with a view”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

While in Moorhead City decided to eat at the Sanitary. Sat out on the deck to enjoy the view. The food was good. Service was mediocre, even though the restaurant was not crowded.

Visited September 2013