“Good food, great service”

Sammy's Seafood House & Oyster Bar
Ranked #13 of 122 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sammy's Seafood House & Oyster Bar (formerly Sammy's Ice House)is one of the newest additions to the Morehead City Waterfront. We pride ourselves in our fresh, locally caught seafood and true southern hospitality. Join us in fall and winter for our Oyster Bar ... we shuck'em and you eat'em!!
Durham, North Carolina
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We drove out to Morehead City from Beaufort (on vacation) because we wanted oysters and judging by online sources, Morehead City was a better bet. We chose Sammy's for its reviews. We were able to sit at the bar area right away on a busy Saturday night. The hostess and waitstaff were great! They couldn't have been more helpful. We ordered bloody Marys and were surprised how good they were. (Sorry, we weren't expecting much in a small town) We also ordered oysters and were happy there too. I ordered a shrimp pasta, which was very good. All in all this place delivered on service and quality. Lots of tvs for your sport nuts too.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jengajanie

Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
“Bad food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I was just passing trow this city and I was in mood for some calamari , seafood lunch so I checked trip advisor about what restaurant could I stop at , so I found Sammy's ... It was empty , the girl that served us was ok , but the food was terrible , calimati were old and it had small full calimari fried also, I never seen that in my life plus the fries were very bad too fried in an old oil, tasting terrible , my bf had seafood with pasta it was terrible also ! Verry bad food if Americans that reviewed as good food they don't know what is good food! I had way better then that !

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Claudia D
Inwood, West Virginia
“We will be back here...”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our family (my parents, sister, wife and I) went here on the suggestion of someone we met on the beach. I was skeptical because it was not one of the recommendations made by friends of ours but I am glad we tried it. We went around 6:00 on a Monday and were seated immedietly. I split a dozen locally caught oysters (it was actually 14) with my dad and they were outstanding. My wife and I both had the flounder along with one of the better crab cakes I've ever had. My dad had a steak and shrimp that my sister ate part of because it was so much food. The clam chowder and stuffed mushroom appetizers were also delicious. We were so full when we finished we had to walk around the docks just to let our food settle. Great meal at a reasonable price - I'd eat there again tonight if I could!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank CoachKam
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Pretty good..”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try Sammy's because of TA reviews and my meal was great. However, i can only give a 3 for food because my family was not as pleased. We all thought the atmosphere and service were great. Walked right in on a thursday evening..waited maybe 5 minutes while they cleared a table. Service was friendly. They serve little cornbread squares and hushpuppies which we all enjoyed both. I had the fried oysters and flounder. It was fresh and honestly some of the best oysters i have had in a long time. Perfect bite size pieces fried to perfection. My husband had the fried clams and shrimp combo and barely ate half. The clams were really thick and chewier...my children both had corn dogs which you really cant mess up. No one was a fan of the fries. The breading or whatever it was they were coated in. I would dine here again and maybe not get the fries..but dont think i will be able to convince my husband to try again..since 60 bucks later and he left hungry..we all had water to drink. Again, service and atmosphere were nice!

• Visited July 2013
Great Bend, Kansas
“Out of Oysters”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went there to have oysters and they were out of oysters. Out of oysters at an oyster bar. HMMM. Was not real impressed with the restauraunt

Visited July 2013