“Fresh, friendly, fantastic!”

Sammy's Seafood House & Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sammy's Seafood House & Oyster Bar (formerly Sammy's Ice House)is one of the newest additions to the Morehead City Waterfront. We pride ourselves in our fresh, locally caught seafood and true southern hospitality. Join us in fall and winter for our Oyster Bar ... we shuck'em and you eat'em!!
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As natives of the Chesapeake Bay Area, we have strong feelings about the freshness and preparation of seafood. Sammy's Seafood is excellent. The seafood fajitas were especially good. The hostess also acted as our server and she was the warmest, friendliest server we've had during a week-long vacation to various cities and restaurants. We will definitely come back to Sammy's.

4  Thank SusanD1212

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I spend frequent weekends at the NC coast and love finding new places to eat. Sammy's is our new favorite place!! The food has been so delicious each time we've visited, and the staff are always warm, friendly, and very helpful. Their seafood is delicious, but if you are a meat and potatoes guy like my significant other you have to try their prime rib!! It will melt in your mouth! (Yes of course I tried some of his!!)

6  Thank EDeniseSimmons
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had outstanding seafood at Sammy's last night. We were greeted by a friendly greeter that set the stage for outstanding service. I had a combo plate of flounder, scallops, & shrimp. The fish was not a fillet but a whole fish. They use a very light batter that did not hide the delicate seafood flavors. To complement the meal I selected stuffed potato which was the best I've ever had. My wife had the seared tuna over pasta. It was cooked as ordered at medium rare and was delicious. Portions are huge so consider splitting an order. The hush puppies are marvelous and served with butter. This restaurant represents fresh NC seafood at its best. Our server, Brandon, was excellent and made spot on recommendations. Don't miss this place.

5  Thank raven27
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went on a slow Tuesday night in March, and the atmosphere was warm, the hospitality warmer, and the food was great. We chose Sammy's because we wanted seafood, and they were the top rated seafood restaurant in Morehead City (they were number 3 overall). I had a dozen half-shell oysters, and they were fresh, large, and tasty. I also had butter panned scallops, and they were perfectly cooked, tender, very fresh tasting, and not a grain of sand (a problem I sometimes encounter with fresh scallops). My wife had broiled shrimp and fried oysters, and she reported that they were great. From my taste of her shrimp, I thought they were a tiny bit over cooked, but that may have been because my scallops were soooo tender; there was no comparison. We have a bit of a mixed review on the sides. First, the hushpuppies and the sweet cornbread were to die for, as was the asparagus. The cole slaw was fresh and tasty, but definitely on the sweet side, perhaps a bit too sweet for my taste, but if you like really sweet, you'll love it. The only truly down thumb was the baked potato. It wasn't warm enough to melt soft butter. That was a minor detail compared to the rest of the meal, but that is no excuse for an otherwise excellent cuisine. This is a seafood restaurant at the beach, and you expect higher prices, so the prices were comparable to other high end restaurants. Overall, we definitely recommend and concur with the high ranking, but they need to fix there keep-warm system for the baked potatoes.

3  Thank Large E
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Excellent service. We had the steamed oysters which were very good but not as well done as we like. Very friendly staff.

3  Thank Charles T