“Sammy's is fabulous! He makes you feel like family.”

Sammy's Seafood House & Oyster Bar
Ranked #13 of 122 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sammy's Seafood House & Oyster Bar (formerly Sammy's Ice House)is one of the newest additions to the Morehead City Waterfront. We pride ourselves in our fresh, locally caught seafood and true southern hospitality. Join us in fall and winter for our Oyster Bar ... we shuck'em and you eat'em!!
“Sammy's is fabulous! He makes you feel like family.”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I attended a graduate research trip in Beaufort with a large group of teachers. Sammy was so sweet and gracious. He taught us to dig clams, served us clam bake, and clam chowder. The food was amazing. The fried oysters, clams, calamari, crab cakes, shrimp, everything was delicious. Sawyer was the best waitress ever. Doris, Sammy's sister, is a warm and welcoming hostess. I have already spread the word about this fantastic place. I will return every time I am in the Outer Banks.

2 Thank RockyFork

Bellefontaine, Ohio
“prime example of southern hospitality”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I went with a group from Ohio. Sammy and his staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable! The food was excellent, I recommend the homemade cheesecake; I was heavenly!

2 Thank WrightStatePIESgirl
Pinehurst, NC
“Outstanding service and food was excellent”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Janelle was our server., She went out of her way more than once to accommodate our family. The chef customized a meal for our 10 year old son who loves steak and didn't care for the normal kid menu fare. I highly recommend this restaurant and ask for Janelle!

1 Thank TravellinMomNC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The place to go for fresh local seafood.”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My first time to Moorehead, NC. and Sammy's was everything I was looking for in local seafood. Great service and fresh seafood on the waterfront. Fantastic!

1 Thank jccrutch
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best seafood meal ever!”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We have eaten in over 70 countries. This is some of the finest cuisine in our opinion around anywhere. Sammy and his food is CLASSY. K&B RANCH. Alabama

1 Thank Sevek