“good.. but 1 big issue for me”

Hampton Inn Morehead City
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Morehead City
NC
“good.. but 1 big issue for me”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The hotel in general was good. The room was clean, the mattress was practically brand new. (I am a little OCD and always check for any bed visitors, ick), the air con worked great and I did have a nice water view. So that was excellent. The staff I met were very pleasant, the hallways were clean. Over all a good place, good location to restaurants ect. The bathroom was clean, my only issue was the shower. The tub was teeny-tiny and the shower had no pressure, what so ever, and the water only got to luke warm at best. i only stayed one night, but the shower would have gotten to me if i was staying longer. Hotels aren't known for great water pressure, but this was really bad. I had to take a shower when I got home to get soap/shampoo film off of me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
nc
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The room was one of the best we have ever stay in during our many excursions, the bed was wonderful, the veiw of the sound was great, the entire staff was great from the front desk to housekeeping, could even communicate with the housekeeping staff... will definintly stay again and would recommend it....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wilmington
Reviewed May 10, 2011

After hearing and reading about the construction, we were worried about staying at this location. While we did find major renovation going on in the lobby and breakfast area, the remainder of the hotel was quite nice and the staff could not have been nicer! Everyone we saw from the project superintendent to the desk clerks to the cleaning staff went out of their way to speak to us and ask if there was anything we needed. The breakfast was not as good as some Hampton Inns, but was adequate. The view of the intracoastal waterway from our room was outstanding!! All in all it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: By all means, reserve a waterview room!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltOn1088, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience and fill out our survey. We are filled with pride to receive such high scores. We want our guest to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order and meets their expectations. We are pleased to have met yours. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We do value you as a guest. Please stay with us again soon so that we may continue to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Black Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Found the hotel to be under renovation and we were not told. Breakfast room turned out to be in a regular hotel room as was the check-in area. The side door served as the main doorway and was used as 1)a coffee area for breakfast 2) entry way for deliveries 3) common area for visiting 4) break area for construction workers. Breakfast had these nifty frozen entre's that you "just match the number on the pouch with the number on the microwave" unfortunately, microwave had been changed and matching the numbers would have resulted in a fire!!!! We will not be back, nor can we recommend this facility.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck P
HiltOn1088, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience and let us know of your thoughts. I want to personally apologize that the hotel renovation interfered with the comfort of your stay.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order and meets their expectations. You can be confident that we are moving forward with our upgrading as fast as permitted.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again, so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This hotel has very low water pressure - the shower barely trickles out. Also, the hotel charged me more than the rate I booked online. When I questioned it, the front desk clerk and customer service staff were rude. Too many other good hotels to put up with this poor service.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JarryR
HiltOn1088, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Dear Jerry R;

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I want to apologize for the issue that you had on your recent stay. We hope that we resolved your problem.

We want our guest to have the best experience possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thougths. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please try us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed January 28, 2011

We stayed here with our friends with the SCA and can not say enough great things about the hotle. The rooms were great, lots of space and clean, and ours had a great view of the water. The staff was awesome, from Check in to Check out and the Night Audit, who we bothered all night as we sat in the lobby and chatted. The place is close to the Convention Center, were our meetings were so that was a plus. The desk gave us a great suggestion for Dinner our first night and we are "still" talking about how good the place was. (the Charthouse) Overall a great stay and a great weekend. Just wish the pool was heated. 3:00 in the morning, in January, it was a bit chilled.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HiltOn1088, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience and to fill out our survey. We are filled with pride to receive such high scores. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order and meets their expectations. We are please to have met yours. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are sorry that we do not have a heated pool. We do value you as a guest. Please stay with again soon so that we may continue to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Milfod
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I had read many reviews on this hotel and honestly wasn't too sure what to expect so I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice, clean room with friendly people. I can't really comment on the free breakfast as I only had cereal each morning, but there were quite a few people eating the waffles and seemed to be enjoying them. They also had breakfast bags to go and homemade cookies every afternoon and evening. They have free wireless internet connection which was great. It definitely met all my needs...I was there for a week visiting a friend so was gone all day and really only came back to the room at night, but everyone was friendly at the hotel and it was fairly quiet at night to sleep.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Holiday Inn Express Morehead City
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
#5 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores

Been to Hampton Inn Morehead City? Share your experiences!