“If only they'd told us!!!”

Hampton Inn Morehead City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morehead City
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“If only they'd told us!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

Found the hotel to be under renovation and we were not told. Breakfast room turned out to be in a regular hotel room as was the check-in area. The side door served as the main doorway and was used as 1)a coffee area for breakfast 2) entry way for deliveries 3) common area for visiting 4) break area for construction workers. Breakfast had these nifty frozen entre's that you "just match the number on the pouch with the number on the microwave" unfortunately, microwave had been changed and matching the numbers would have resulted in a fire!!!! We will not be back, nor can we recommend this facility.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck P
HiltOn1088, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience and let us know of your thoughts. I want to personally apologize that the hotel renovation interfered with the comfort of your stay.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order and meets their expectations. You can be confident that we are moving forward with our upgrading as fast as permitted.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again, so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

This hotel has very low water pressure - the shower barely trickles out. Also, the hotel charged me more than the rate I booked online. When I questioned it, the front desk clerk and customer service staff were rude. Too many other good hotels to put up with this poor service.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JarryR
HiltOn1088, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Dear Jerry R;

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I want to apologize for the issue that you had on your recent stay. We hope that we resolved your problem.

We want our guest to have the best experience possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thougths. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please try us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

We stayed here with our friends with the SCA and can not say enough great things about the hotle. The rooms were great, lots of space and clean, and ours had a great view of the water. The staff was awesome, from Check in to Check out and the Night Audit, who we bothered all night as we sat in the lobby and chatted. The place is close to the Convention Center, were our meetings were so that was a plus. The desk gave us a great suggestion for Dinner our first night and we are "still" talking about how good the place was. (the Charthouse) Overall a great stay and a great weekend. Just wish the pool was heated. 3:00 in the morning, in January, it was a bit chilled.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HiltOn1088, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead City, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience and to fill out our survey. We are filled with pride to receive such high scores. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order and meets their expectations. We are please to have met yours. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are sorry that we do not have a heated pool. We do value you as a guest. Please stay with again soon so that we may continue to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Milfod
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

I had read many reviews on this hotel and honestly wasn't too sure what to expect so I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice, clean room with friendly people. I can't really comment on the free breakfast as I only had cereal each morning, but there were quite a few people eating the waffles and seemed to be enjoying them. They also had breakfast bags to go and homemade cookies every afternoon and evening. They have free wireless internet connection which was great. It definitely met all my needs...I was there for a week visiting a friend so was gone all day and really only came back to the room at night, but everyone was friendly at the hotel and it was fairly quiet at night to sleep.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

Other than "truth in advertising" going out the window, this place is great. Saw a couple of signs of the water damage, nothing major at all. Super staff, very clean room, room was ready when we arrived at 2:30pm. But, the breakfast stinks. We have stayed at Hampton's all over and I was expecting the usual Hampton "hot breakfast bar". The only hot items were FROZEN omlettes and french toast that YOU take out of the freezer and put in the microwave. They had a toaster to toast your bagels and two waffle irons. NOT a "hot breakfast bar". Even to compared to other Hamptons, you should remove this from your advertisements.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

I ended up here at the end of a 3 day roundtrip to and from Hong Kong when my husband had congestive heart failure during a dive. The hospital staff recommended the Hampton Inn and I booked a sound view room through Orbitz. for $149/night. The staff are just lovely--they had recommendations for food, car repairs (!) etc. The air condition in my room was stinky and not working well--I left a note with the front desk and when I returned it had been repaired. I stay in hotels fairly often for work and found THAT to be a miracle! There's 24 hours coffee, tea, etc. and breakfast is included. it's definitely not the Ritz, but it's clean, friendly and pleasant. I would DEFINITELY try the adjacent restaurant--they made a lovely mojito for me and the food was delicious and a good value (especially to someone who works in DC)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Wilmington, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stayed at the Hampton while in Morehead City for business. The staff were very friendly and actually smiling....even stopped me when I was on my way out for dinner after check in to ask me if my room was o.k..The room was clean with water views. Bed was comfortable. Loved the breakfast to go bags they had for those like myself who were out the door to work. Will stay here again while in Morehead.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank travelingparrothead
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Holiday Inn Express Morehead City
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
Palm Suites of Atlantic Beach
#8 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Morehead City? Share your experiences!