“Pomodoro's Italian American Restaurant-ssssshhhh it's a secret!”

Pomodoro's Italian American
Ranked #7 of 286 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pomodoro's specializes in Italian American favorites and authentic Stone-Hearth pizza and baked goods. All pizzas are made by well trained “Pizziolas” (pizza chefs) using a guarded,signature sauce recipe with over 18 ingredients; then cooked in a true stone-hearth oven to bring out the nutty, toasty flavors in the special wheat flour the dough is made with. Sauces, dough, dressings, desserts and the like are all made in-house daily from the best ingredients available. Their signature Marinara sauce takes most of the day to prepare being made with 2 types of wine, onions, garlic and numerous spices & herbs, of which the exact recipe is a carefully guarded secret. Subtly sweet with well blended flavors it will remind you of the best Italian restaurants in the New York. Meatballs are made from scratch and and many guests say they rival those that their “Nonna” made years ago. The Marsala is sweet with wine and velvety smooth on the tongue with a generous swirl of fresh butter. Picattas are tangy and tart, with fresh squeezed lemons & white wine. Zuppa de Pesce is an overflowing bowl of garlicy tomato broth, brimming with assorted seafood over perfectly cooked al dente pasta. All the items on the menu share one thing in common, they are obviously made from scratch by cooks and Chefs that know their craft. But what’s a wonderful entrée without a delicious beverage? No worries, the fully stocked bar features all the classics as well as bartender created specialties. Craft beers, many locally brewed, are on tap with an ever changing selection. The wine list features over 50 wines, predominantly Italian all affordably priced. With all the selections it might be hard to choose, but don’t worry, they also offer tasting “flights” of both craft beers and wines!
Reviewed September 3, 2015

We visit Pomodoro's at least once or twice a week and have never been disappointed! Great food, variety, and service. Authentic Italian foods. Would recommend it to locals and visitors!

Pomodoros, Owner at Pomodoro's Italian American, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2015

thanks "travelingal", we're always glad to hear from a loyal patron! See you soon! Ciao, Blake Dewey, Owner

Reviewed August 28, 2015 via mobile

Pomodoro's is an up scale Italian Restaurant. The service we received today was wonderful. There were five of us in my group and all of our food came out looking and tasting great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Thank you! Thank you! We truly appreciate your patronage! See you soon! Ciao, Blake Dewey, Owner

Reviewed August 27, 2015

Consistent good service and good food in a delightful atmosphere. Our favorite stop on I-77 north of Charlotte as we travel to PA and OH.

Thank you! Love hearing from another of the MANY I-77 travelers that have made exit 36 & pomodoro's a stop not to be missed! Truly appreciate it!!! Ciao, Blake Dewey, Owner

Reviewed August 25, 2015

It being the first day of school, the restaurant was PACKED with adults finally able to get out and about. Although unusually busy, our waitress, Shelli Ciruca, was on top of things: drink orders were taken and served within moments of our arrival, our food order was taken and served in a very timely manner, and with all the craziness in the restaurant, Shelli maintained her professionalism and friendliness. In summary our dining experience was pleasant with good food and great friends.

Bernie, Thanks for having lunch with us! And I'm glad you enjoyed the "Shelli-show" while you were here! ;-) See you again soon!, Blake Dewey, Owner

Reviewed August 22, 2015

My husband and I love the food at Pomodoro's, so we really wanted to use them to cater our rehearsal dinner. The food was great and our guests loved it too. However, I was a little disappointed in how my mother/father in-law were treated by the owner or manager on duty the night of the rehearsal. When the food was delivered, we were short on utensils. The employee that brought the food saw they weren't there and said that he would return with them. From what I understand they were supposed to be included. No one ever returned. So my father-in-law went to the restaurant. They wouldn't let the employee return with the utensils and the owner was really rude to my F-I-L. He is the calmest, nicest person so I know that whatever rudeness he encountered was not warranted. My in-laws are from out of town, so they didn't have access to kitchen supplies. They ended up going to Wal-mart to buy utensils and we weren't able to eat dinner until 8:30. Love their food, but am rather upset with how they treat customers.

I do apologize for the situation. We always try to be very careful to ask specific questions regarding the service items when a catering order comes in. I believe there was some misunderstanding about what we were delivering (and what each item would be used for) as well as what was needed to correct the problem and the urgency of it. Again my apologies. Blake Dewey, Owner