“Absolutely the best Italian restaurant in the world!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pomodoro's Italian American
Ranked #9 of 263 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Denver, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely the best Italian restaurant in the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

When Blake Dewey took ownership of the restaurant 5 or 6 years ago, it was a little hole-in-the-wall eatery between Belk and Kohl's in Mooresville. The food was pretty good but it lacked atmosphere. Blake, a culinary arts graduate, moved the business into the recently vacated Beefy-O'Brady's and redecorated the interior to an Italian theme. There is music as a backdrop (Martino, Martin, etc.) and a wonderful waiting area with soft chairs in front of a crackling fireplace. He also supplies live entertainment (Sinatra genre) mid-week, which is extremely enjoyable. The food is TO DIE FOR! It is, without a doubt, the best that I have ever tasted. To anyone that is visiting the Charlotte area, this in a must! Forget about Carraba's, Olive Garden and such, visit this establishment, you will not regret it!

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Absolutely scrumptous Italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Classy atmosphere at a reasonable price. Just off I-77 makes it an easy stop for travelers wanting a switch from chain restaurants and fast-food.
Hubby had the Zuppa di Pesce featuring sautéed shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels & calamari in a light broth of tomato, wine, garlic & clam juice, over fettuccini while I had Pasta Parmigiana: pasta tossed with marinara, topped with mozzarella then baked. Both were delicious and came with bread and salads featuring a creamy homemade balsamic dressing. Somehow my husband managed to eat all of his, but I took 1/2 of mine and put it in a cooler for the next day. We also ordered spaghetti and meatballs that we took to my Mom in Florida. Mom raved about the meatballs. We also ordered and took 4 desserts that were specials for the Christmas season, but I'm sure any desserts that are offered would be wonderful based on our experience.

• Visited December 2012
Trout Creek, Canada
“loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Wow! i can't believe the negative comments. Good food takes time to prepare---so just be patient. Apps were generous and reasonable, entrees were delicious as was the house salad. We found this restaurant by accident on our way home to Ontario----we'll definitely make this a regular stop!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank kip48
Denver, North Carolina
“Disappointed and way too rushed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Heard about this restaurant and wanted to give it a try. Very disappointed. First, we ordered the calamari appetizer which was recommended by our server. It was chewy and not even hot. It came to our table before we were even a 1/4 of the way finished with our salads. Our entrees were then brought out and we were still eating our salads. DO NOT LIKE TO BE RUSHED. Needless to say, we were not pleased. I ordered the shrimp and scallops with vodka sauce over penne pasta and honestly it was the worst vodka sauce I've ever had. It had sooo much garlic in it and that was all I tasted. Nobody would have guessed that it was supposed to be vodka sauce. My friend ordered the florentina stuffed shells and they were a huge disappointment as well. I wish we had a better experience and have to say we will not be back. I come from a family in the restaurant business both in NY and NJ and was hoping that this restaurant would have been something I could have told them about down here in NC. Unfortuanately, nothing good to say.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We've been here a couple of times hoping it would get better but were disappointed on every occasion. Food is just ok. I actually make a better lasagna!