“Hole in the Wall Favorite - Great Mexican”

Sauza's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 281 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very unassuming place in a strip mall next to Food Lion off of Exit-33 on I-77. You have to look for it but it's worth the effort.

Discovered this place a couple of years ago and I keep going back. Last time was a couple of weeks ago and the food is always consistent.

I've tried a number of items on the menu and the combination platters are my favorties. Good variety, the food is always good and the service sizes are hugh. You get your money's worth.

A little dark on the inside and could stand to be a bit brighter but otherwise, very appealing.

Service is generally excellent and I've only have what I would call, limited service once but that was a night when it appears they were short staffed and had a large party so I can live with that.

The Food is not Tex-Mex but more Central Mexica like you would find around Puebla, southeast of Mexico City. Food has more character and packs many surprises to the taste bud.s.

1  Thank LKNCHOWHOUND

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just don't go on May 5th. Seriously this is our choice for best Mexican in the Mooresville area. Great food and drinks and very quick service. Can get full real quick.

1  Thank Jimbopfd
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I don't know where you're been or what you've had but if you want the best Mexican in Mooresville, Sauza's is where you want to go. I've got picky New York eaters and they loved it!

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here by chance on our way from SC to WV and we were happily surprised!! The food is fresh and homemade, entrees were $10 or less, kids menu $5! Servers were super nice! It looks weird at first because it's on a commercial plaza but inside is warmly decorated , Mexican music, everything! Mucho bueno!!

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We came here as a group of six based on the good reviews from tripadvisor. I must say that we were very pleased with the food. The molacajete fajitas are excellent and the two person portion is easily shareable by even more than two people. The pico de gallo that comes with they chips is delicious. As for a point that needs some attention; we ordered the pitcher of Texas Margaritas and although very tasty the pitchers come VERY full of ice. You get only about 4 1/2 servings out of a $20 pitcher. We mentioned this to the manager and he brought a small serving of weak margaritas to the table. Lesson learned: come here for the food not the margaritas.