“Don't bother”

Joel's Asian Grill
Ranked #46 of 281 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband had eaten at Joel's Asian Grill sister restaurant, JJ Wasabi's, and had good things to say about it, so we thought we'd try the Grill. We got take-out and we should've taken it straight out to the trash. The miso soup was alright, but the Sizzling Sesame Beef really bad...extremely tough meat in a watery sauce without much flavor. The saving grace was the vegetables, which were actually crisp-tender. The rice was okay, too, but those two minor players couldn't save the entire play. Will not go back.

2  Thank PittsHQ

Reviewed October 8, 2011

This was my third visit to Joel's. We go there once on a while when we are on business in the area.

The place had some unique unique feeling about it, great sushi and fast service.

This last visit, however, was very disappointing: maybe because it was a Monday night... The server was a new girl who didn't know anything about the menu, the kitchen got confused on two of our orders and made dishes with wrong ingredients (even though the recepie wad even spelled in the menu).

Will not return

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stopped in last sunday afternoon for lunch after researching sushi restaurants in the area. Their website indicated they had traditional style Bento Box's on the lunch menu. The menu given to us while inside did not have them on it but the waiter knew exactly what we were looking for. I had the chicken rice bento and Todd had the shrimp and rice bento box. Very good and filling. I love how they let you choose your sushi roll (any roll under $5.00) that goes with the box.

We liked the sushi- ordered four rolls to go for dinner that night!

Staff was very good, it appeared to be very clean, and there was quite a lunch crowd flow for a sunday afternoon.

…. check out their Lunch Bento Box (available till 2:30pm) it's a great deal for under $10- If I recall correct this was the options:
Choice of shrimp, chicken, pork fried rice or noodles
Choice of gyoza, dumplings or egg roll
Large portion of veggie tempura (excellent tempura!!)
Choice of any sushi roll under $5 or zucchini and onion with jumbo shrimp/ gyoza

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stopped by Joel's for lunch today for the first time in quite a while. Although it was peak lunch hour, the place was not at all crowded, which should have forewarned me that Joel's just wasn't going to be what it used to be. While the meals were a good value for the prices charged, it was the lackadaisical service and seemingly total lack of management that was disconcerting, probably because this used to an extemely owner-hands-on restaurant. I do pass by Joel's often in the evening hours and they seem to do a good dinner business so maybe there is a different management atmosphere at night. I can only comment that I was disappointed at lunch today and that I sincerely hope it was just an off day for the restaurant staff.

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Okay if you are in a hurry. Sushi is cheap, and uneventful.