“Great food but we waited forever!”

Duckworth's Grill & Taphouse
Ranked #5 of 287 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 46 Craft Beers on tap! * Voted Charlotte's Best Cheesesteak by Charlotte Magazine, 2011 * Won 1st & 3rd at the Carolina Wing Festival for best wings, 2011 * Voted Best Beer by Charlotte Magazine Voter's Choice, 2012
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

My family came to Duckworths for dinner last weekend. We expected a wait because it was so busy, however I didn't expect to wait for 45 minutes only to be seated and then be told that we can only order appetizers. We waited for 20 more minutes before we could place our dinner orders. Food took 30 minutes to come out. The manager came by the table and explained that the kitchen was backed up and it shouldn't be long until we got our food. Jokes were made at the table but no offers to make us happy just excuses. I hope you can get your kitchen and management a helping hand cause I'm pretty sure this is not a dinning experience anyone actually enjoyed that night. I've personally seen a huge change in the past few months.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Went on a Tuesday night, was pleasantly surprised they have $3.50 draft beers. Even the specialty beer was part of the special- excellent. Apparently this place is famous for their cheesesteaks, but I don't eat red meat so I got the fish tacos. Everyone else at my table got the cheesesteak and said they were really good. Menu is good for a group, there will be something for everyone. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is that the service was a bit slow. The waitress was really friendly, it seemed that she might have had too many tables. We weren't in a hurry though, so it was still an overall good experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The waitress and other staff were extremely happy, friendly, and helpful. We didn't feel like we were on top of each other. The food was excellent. would definitely go again when in the area.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Was good food and a great sports atmosphere! Love the sweet potato fries and homemade chips. Will go again!!

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Food is consistently good here. Do not expect management to change any channels to watch your favorite team on Sunday. They show what they like and that is it, who cares if the staff lose tips at the bar because they don't cater to the customers. Head to the Hickory just down the road.

1  Thank Snap1218