“First Visit”

Duckworth's Grill & Taphouse
Ranked #5 of 287 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 46 Craft Beers on tap! * Voted Charlotte's Best Cheesesteak by Charlotte Magazine, 2011 * Won 1st & 3rd at the Carolina Wing Festival for best wings, 2011 * Voted Best Beer by Charlotte Magazine Voter's Choice, 2012
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Upon our arrival, we were greeted with smiles and great personalities. We were seated promptly and waited on like we were the only patrons in the restaurant. When we asked what the waitress recommended as first timers, the waitress inquired about our taste, and recommended the Nachos as an appetizer, my wife ordered the Chicken Fajitas with the peppers and onions cooked well, I ordered the Fish Tacos (not sure about this). The appetizer arrived in a timely manner, then as we finished the appetizer, the main course arrived. The presentation of our meals and the quality of the meals was OUTSTANDING. It would not have been any better if we had cooked it ourselves. When we asked for the manager on duty, Michelle came to our table and we expressed our thoughts about Duckworth's and being our first visit. Very impressed from walking in the door to walking out of the door. Duckworth's has a great atmosphere, great employees and is a clean relaxing place to sit and enjoy a meal. Pricing is about the same a other Bar & Grill style establishments.

Thank DeWayne - Mitzi... W

Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you want attentive service in a pub-like sports bar, then you won't want to miss Duckworth's. I understand there's more than one location, but it's not a typical "chain" place. We were greeted warmly, seated quickly, and offered some menu specials. The beer was icy cold, and there were a number of local brews available on tap, as well as some bottled/canned standards on incredible specials. Both the chicken bacon wrap that my husband had and my chicken cheesesteak were hot, yummy, and delivered to the table rapidly. The sides were varied, from the standard hand-cut fries or hand-cuts rolled in garlic salt or Old Bay, to the more unusual spicy sweet potato fries and there were also several salad choices. If you weren't up for a sandwich or wrap, there were ribs, fish, shrimp or steak entrees available...and as they were carried past our table, they looked and smelled fantastic. Another thing, parenthetically, is that they have boots that are made to fit about 6-8 adults comfortably, and lots of TVs; everthing from auto racing to ice hockey was playing.

They checked on our satisfaction at least 4 times, both our waitress and the manager. Not intrusive, but getting a little close.

If you're in Mooresville and want something a little different than all the chains, drop in. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Nice atmosphere for a party time and great tasting food. Not somewhere I would go for a quiet lunch. It's on my list for big, rowdy groups!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

All the staff is great , food excellent , you feel great as soon as you walk in , I am a real customer and if you what to go some where to have fun ,go here , a friend showed me this place and now I will stop al the time am in NC , thanks guys see you next time

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The food was good and the service was great. It was a little loud for my taste, but it was a drinking holiday lol.